Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UConn Women
Talk about a dynasty....are they gonna win it all, or a huge upset ahead.
I don't think anyone will come close to them this year. They have embarrassed everyone they have played, even high ranked teams. I definitely don't see them losing to anyone, but who knows.. That is why they play I guess.
They are just good. Plain and simple. Their opponents just need to face them without any intimidation if they want to have any chance of winning.
Sad I'm a Pat Summit fan.
They are AWESOME!
60 win streak that's just crazy
Yeah there is no one thats going to come close to them, which is hard to believe that players like Maya Moore who came out of high school, along with the other top players in the country and are all highly recruited, and the same goes for the rest of the players on th UCONN team, but they are just flat out killling teams. They have won all 60 games by double digits, and they're closest win was 10 points. IMO, they will break UCLA's 88 game winning streak.
I don't see anyone upsetting them.
Someone explain to me how Geno does it? He has been coaching 24 years. In those 24 years he has:

6 NCAA Championships
4 Final 4 appearances
5 Elite 8 appearances

Add that up and you have 15/24 years that UCONN was at least 1 of 8 teams in the NCAA tournament!

Also, they are 186-10 as the #1 team

His overall record is 713-122!

He also has brought in players like: Jennifer Rizzotti, Rebecca Lobo, Kara Wolters, Nykesha Sales, Abrosimova (sp?), Sue Bird, Swin Cash and Diana Taurasi
hes a great coach, with a great team,, They wont be beat this year!!
They may win championships for mutiple years.... This is nuts.
Talk about talent beyond measure.
I say put them in the men's NCAA Tournament.
Hopefully he stays coaches UCONN womens team for life and never transfers over to the mens game. Oh the coverage for that garbage would be nuts on espn.