Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rand Paul to visit Paintsville
Please keep in mind that this is not 100% confirmed at this time, but if it can be arranged, senate canidate Dr. Rand Paul will be in Paintsville perhaps as early as the 6th of April. I see a lot of posts on here about the current state of affairs in Washington. Well here's a person who I believe can help change things for the better. But don't take my word for it. If he is able to be there come and find out for yourself. I will post as soon as I find out a solid date and time. visit randpaul2010.com for more info.
Just curious about some things is he for or against coal? Is he for closing GITMO? Is he for using means such as the Patriot Act (in particular wire taping) to nab terrorists? Just curious 'cause the attack ads are starting already. How do his views compare/contrast with Trey Greyson? Why is Rand Paul the better candidate in your opinion?
BIGREDDAWG Wrote:Just curious about some things is he for or against coal? Is he for closing GITMO? Is he for using means such as the Patriot Act (in particular wire taping) to nab terrorists? Just curious 'cause the attack ads are starting already. How do his views compare/contrast with Trey Greyson? Why is Rand Paul the better candidate in your opinion?
1. I believe his position on coal is stongly tied to his stand on property rights and more local control. If you own the property shouldn't a person or company be able to do with as they please. If they harm thier neighbor in any way the neighbor can recover damages at the local level. I know he has stated his opposition to Cap and Trade.
2. Gitmo Dr. Paul has said that Gitmo is a problem created by congress failing to declare war, if war had been declared like it should have the prisoners could have been held to the end of hostilities(simple).
3. Greyson is attacking Paul because he has nothing else. He has not put forth a genuine ideal of his own. Recent example Grayson put out campaign material asking for votes because Dr. Paul attended Duke. Someone else on here said-better a DR. from Duke than a lawer from Harvard.
4. The Patriot Act is a real problem-do you realize that under this act government agents can wiretap your house and use any information gained to arrest you even if the information had nothing to do with terrorism?
5. Of course I am not a member of Paul's campaign only a interested citizen.
6. I have talked to Dr. Paul twice. Once at Hazard for more than 1 & 1/2 hrs. He answered every question I had without side stepping any issue.
7. I am a conservative, pro-life, NRA member, former coal miner, and earn by living still from the coal industry. I have looked at both candidates and believe Paul the best choice for me.
8 So it still gets back to come and talk to him yourself.
9. The Greyson campaign has filmed Dr. Paul's every word at the events I attended . ( i believe they have done this since Paul entered the race)If someone recorded every word you said I bet they could make it look like you were one way when you were really the other.
10. Paul is for balanced budgets and term limits. I believe Grayson wants to be a senator forever. I do not think we need any more of these guys.
11. Our present national debt puts a tax burden of $ 170,000.00 on every household in this country. No way that can contuniue . Paul has stated that this level of spending must stop.
12. Check out this site http://www.treygraysonforsenate.com/ I don't know who put this up but some interesting things on it.
It sounds like Rand Paul definitely supports the coal industry and recognizes the global warming scam for what it is.

[YOUTUBE="Rand Paul on Coal and Global Warming"]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7jNItYIPJ_0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7jNItYIPJ_0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
Dr. Paul will be in Paintsville April 6th at 6:00 P.M. at the Sipp Theater in downtown Paintsville.
notamoocher Wrote:1. I believe his position on coal is stongly tied to his stand on property rights and more local control. If you own the property shouldn't a person or company be able to do with as they please. If they harm thier neighbor in any way the neighbor can recover damages at the local level. I know he has stated his opposition to Cap and Trade.
2. Gitmo Dr. Paul has said that Gitmo is a problem created by congress failing to declare war, if war had been declared like it should have the prisoners could have been held to the end of hostilities(simple).
3. Greyson is attacking Paul because he has nothing else. He has not put forth a genuine ideal of his own. Recent example Grayson put out campaign material asking for votes because Dr. Paul attended Duke. Someone else on here said-better a DR. from Duke than a lawer from Harvard.
4. The Patriot Act is a real problem-do you realize that under this act government agents can wiretap your house and use any information gained to arrest you even if the information had nothing to do with terrorism?
5. Of course I am not a member of Paul's campaign only a interested citizen.
6. I have talked to Dr. Paul twice. Once at Hazard for more than 1 & 1/2 hrs. He answered every question I had without side stepping any issue.
7. I am a conservative, pro-life, NRA member, former coal miner, and earn by living still from the coal industry. I have looked at both candidates and believe Paul the best choice for me.
8 So it still gets back to come and talk to him yourself.
9. The Greyson campaign has filmed Dr. Paul's every word at the events I attended . ( i believe they have done this since Paul entered the race)If someone recorded every word you said I bet they could make it look like you were one way when you were really the other.
10. Paul is for balanced budgets and term limits. I believe Grayson wants to be a senator forever. I do not think we need any more of these guys.
11. Our present national debt puts a tax burden of $ 170,000.00 on every household in this country. No way that can contuniue . Paul has stated that this level of spending must stop.
12. Check out this site http://www.treygraysonforsenate.com/ I don't know who put this up but some interesting things on it.

Thank you for your candid answers. I suspected as much but wanted another opinion. Unfortunately I will be unable to attend the meeting. However, I will be listening closely over the next few months to what Dr. Paul has to say. I will also look for other opportunities to see him in person.
BIGREDDAWG Wrote:Thank you for your candid answers. I suspected as much but wanted another opinion. Unfortunately I will be unable to attend the meeting. However, I will be listening closely over the next few months to what Dr. Paul has to say. I will also look for other opportunities to see him in person.

I believe that Dr. Paul will be in Ashland on the 7th also. No time yet.