Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan Co. 40, Lee (VA) 14
final
Nice job HC
Congrats to coach Larkey and the black bears
Congrats to Coach Larkey and the Blackbears! That was Coach Larkey's 250 win and moved him to #14 in Ky wins right past Preston Holland of Murray.
Good to see the Bears offense clicking.
Congrats to the harlan county black bears on the win! no real surprise here. Oh And to Coach Tom Larkey on his 250th win.
No suprise here. Lee is not a good football team. Black Bears did what was expected of them. Congrats to Larkey on his 250th win.
Congrats Harlan Co.
Harlan Co. 7 0 20 13 40
Lee Co.-Jonesville (Va.) 0 0 0 14 14
Scoring summary:
HC--Marcus McMillian 2 run (Josh Jenkins kick); HC--Dylan Smith 43 run (Jenkins kick); HC--Dylan Smith punt block recovery in the endzone (Jenkins kick); HC--McMillian 3 run (kick failed); LC--Tyler Graham 1 run (Brian Woodard kick); HC--Corey Chorak 4 run (kick failed); HC--Brian Owens 35 fumble return (Jenkins kick); LC--Cody Phillips 1 run (Brian Woodard kick ).
Records: Harlan Co. 1-1, Lee Co.-Jonesville (Va.) 0-2

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/08/17/13961...z0yZIi8xO3
Overall good job! Defense looking solid!
Congrats Black Bears.
Congrats to Coach Tom Larkey on his 250th win. I am sure coach Larkey will have many more to come. The Black Bears have some mental mistakes to correct. I think they had well over 100 yards in penalties, some that were questionable, but that is par for the course on the road and especially in Virginia. The Bears Line did a lot better on both sides of the ball. The Bears, minus the flags, could have been up by 40 at the half. Gotta correct this. The Bears will make game to game progress while they shuffle to fill the positions of the injured. Young men filling while learning and they will make mistakes. I am hopeful that the Taylor kid is alright and able to return, but it didn't look good. He runs very hard and provides alot on both sides of the ball. The Bears move the ball very easily with a line that wanted to block last night. The Bears will grow between now and the district games and will compete for the district title.:Thumbs: GO BLACK BEARS!!!!!!
Michael Smith played a good game, if he continues to stay focused and determined he could be unstoppable! If he's blocking for Dylon Smith they're both unstoppable!
If not for the penalties Lee would not have scored! I mean they called excessive pushing against us! Football in VA must be more like soccer!
I wondered what "excessive pushing" was. Does that mean you pushed with too much force or that you pushed the player too far out of the way..?? :eyeroll:
As many as were called on them there probably could have more and they certainly wouldn't have been up 40 at the half without them. May have been up some more, at the same time if Lee scores there before the half or if they don't drop as many passes that were right in the hands then it may have been a bit different too.

No matter how bad Va is, it still doesn't measure up to what Va teams face when they cross the line into KY.
Mama Bear Wrote:I wondered what "excessive pushing" was. Does that mean you pushed with too much force or that you pushed the player too far out of the way..?? :eyeroll:

It's when you continue to block a player after the whistle is blown.
Dirty ball...
Our helmets were offsides all night too! :confused: