Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How far will the Lady Hornets (magoffin co.) Go?
How frar does everyone think the Lady Hornets can and will go?
:wenumber1
They'll win the region...and mabey a game down state, that is if they can get a good draw.
I wouldnt get to slap happy yet, im not gonna say the region yet... we got showed that last year, we need to start with the first game of the districts and go from there one step at a time..
If they continue to play good ill say region and then a game maybe 2 at state
I think Belfry will bust their bubble in the reg. Just like it was busted last year.
im VERY confident we will win the district
im PRETTY confident we will region (belfry) but dont 4get other teams
and in diddle who knows what will happen
I think if they win region, state semis.
"Sidelines" Wrote:I wouldnt get to slap happy yet, im not gonna say the region yet... we got showed that last year, we need to start with the first game of the districts and go from there one step at a time..

Yea, they definately need to take it one game at a time.
They will win the region.

Then, it'll depend upon the draw they get for the state. They might get lucky and have Christian Co, Lex Cath, Assumption, and Clay Co in the opposite bracket. If that happens, they're good enough that it's possible that they could play on Sat morning in the semis.
they havent even got out of the district yet these girls have alot of pressure on them have you seen these crowds at the Johnson Central game upwards of 1800 people but they seem to eat it like candy ,like Brittney stepping up and hitting 3 big free throws dont believe i coulda done it they are the overwhellming favorite to win this region they have the talent to win this region no doubt about it but there are many things that can happen.will Micheala be 100%,will somebody else go down,will they have an off night,etc..i say lets just enjoy the rest of the season and see what happens no matter how far they go this team has been an absolute joy to watch.
yes the girls need to take one game at a time which they do but im just asking what everybody thinks?

I think the girls will win the region and make it at least into the 3rd round at state
IMO until they learn to play defense (they way it is suppose to be played) not by holding jersey's and what not they will have a repeat as last year gte beat by belfry. Last year in the summer camps i seen some of the MC girls litterally hold one of the girls on my teams jersey so that she couldnt shoot nor pass. That is the wrong way to play and I dont care where you are from but the bad thing was the MC coach was in the refs face so that the ref couldnt see the girl hold the jersey ande when mentioned to the other ref he said he couldnt call it because it was the other refs job!
If the girls keep their heads on straight, and not let other peoples opinions get to them, then they should be able to go far. They have all the key elements to make it. They just cant get caught up in it all.
The Lady Hornets are not intemidated by fans or other teams. Yet I agree that they haft to get out of the reigion. NO team in the 57th district can compete with in 20 points of the Lady Hornets.
"callmeclutch" Wrote:IMO until they learn to play defense (they way it is suppose to be played) not by holding jersey's and what not they will have a repeat as last year gte beat by belfry. Last year in the summer camps i seen some of the MC girls litterally hold one of the girls on my teams jersey so that she couldnt shoot nor pass. That is the wrong way to play and I dont care where you are from but the bad thing was the MC coach was in the refs face so that the ref couldnt see the girl hold the jersey ande when mentioned to the other ref he said he couldnt call it because it was the other refs job!
that makes absolutly no sense a ref can call anything on the floor no certain calls have to be made by a certain ref they might have been holding but that last statement has to be false
It is all the truth. Ther ref plainly stated to one of the girls on my team when they made the comment to this ref that they were holding our jersey's and he said ok i will watch them. and then a few plays later one of our girls went to drive to the goal and ohe MC players had a hold of her jersey so when she went to move she couldnt and when she tried they called a walk. ok when she turned to the ref paying attention to the game he said it was not his call and it was the others call not his!
"callmeclutch" Wrote:It is all the truth. Ther ref plainly stated to one of the girls on my team when they made the comment to this ref that they were holding our jersey's and he said ok i will watch them. and then a few plays later one of our girls went to drive to the goal and ohe MC players had a hold of her jersey so when she went to move she couldnt and when she tried they called a walk. ok when she turned to the ref paying attention to the game he said it was not his call and it was the others call not his!
i am not calling you a liar i am simply saying that no ref has assigned calls to make
Quote:Orginally posted by callmedutch

It is all the truth. Ther ref plainly stated to one of the girls on my team when they made the comment to this ref that they were holding our jersey's and he said ok i will watch them. and then a few plays later one of our girls went to drive to the goal and ohe MC players had a hold of her jersey so when she went to move she couldnt and when she tried they called a walk. ok when she turned to the ref paying attention to the game he said it was not his call and it was the others call not his!

well idk i have seen alot of people holding jerseys this year not just the hornets cause ive only seen that once or twice, but its like my coach told me try anything and when they call a foul quit doing, just to see what their gonna call, and if you can get by with it do it again.
"All_Sport#1" Wrote:well idk i have seen alot of people holding jerseys this year not just the hornets cause ive only seen that once or twice, but its like my coach told me try anything and when they call a foul quit doing, just to see what their gonna call, and if you can get by with it do it again.

well put all sports... team from whereever can come on here and say what they want, but thge simple truth is they would do the same thing if they were getting away with it. It dosent matter where your from or when you played if you could commit a foul and not get called for it you would. No team plays exactly by the book everygame, just liuke no ref calls exactly by the book. It's basketball and complaining about it on heers not goin to help anything...
they should go pretty far
Magoffin County could win the 15th if they stay injury free and don't choke. They had the talent to win it last year. If they don't this year they won't win it next year either. They only lose their big girl don't they?

Belfry could upset them like PC did last year.
[QUOTE="callmeclutch"]IMO until they learn to play defense (they way it is suppose to be played) not by holding jersey's and what not they will have a repeat as last year gte beat by belfry.
Pike Central beat us in regionals last year
"Sidelines" Wrote:well put all sports... team from whereever can come on here and say what they want, but thge simple truth is they would do the same thing if they were getting away with it. It dosent matter where your from or when you played if you could commit a foul and not get called for it you would. No team plays exactly by the book everygame, just liuke no ref calls exactly by the book. It's basketball and complaining about it on heers not goin to help anything...
:Thumbs: well put
I swar I believe I have seen better called pee-wee games than any game ive seen from high school ball this year
Magoffin SHOULD win the region, I'm HOPING Paintsville will, but Magoffin's gaurd play is just TOO good for the Lady Tigers or anyone else in this region to handle.
i agree