Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher Central 55 - Knott Central 45
Letcher wins this 53rd District showdown!!!

Recap and MVP named HERE!
Congrats Cougars
Why did Slone quit shooting, he had 11 pts in 4 trips and then only had 8 pts the rest of the game. Knott had no one that would step up and take on the burden of scoring when they needed a basket. Don't know how many free throws they missed, but that is where they lost the game. They missed several bonus free throws and several 2 shot throws too. They also, could not handle Letcher's press and had several turnovers, most unforced. On the other side, Letcher was 24 of 26 from the line, and the last 10 free throws I think were because Knott had to foul the last 2 minutes. I'm sure the rematch will be another tough game for both teams. Knott needs to find some offense or just turn Slone loose and let him keep firing, especially when hitting like that. Congrats to the Cougars on a big district win.
WOW!!!! I think this game makes the Cordia Lions look like an even stronger team. Cordia had a 3 pointer that could of sent the LCC game into OT, but missed. Cordia didn't have that much trouble with LCC's press either, broke it enough coach Hammonds had to back out of it. But the Lions was crazy HOT from the 3 point line, especially Jon Stacy. Congrats LCC, looks like Knott will have to beat Letcher by 12 the next game to get the 1 seed in the District Tourney, but watch out for the Lions to upset the Cougars in the next game, don't be suprised.
mountain hoops guru Wrote:Why did Slone quit shooting, he had 11 pts in 4 trips and then only had 8 pts the rest of the game. Knott had no one that would step up and take on the burden of scoring when they needed a basket. Don't know how many free throws they missed, but that is where they lost the game. They missed several bonus free throws and several 2 shot throws too. They also, could not handle Letcher's press and had several turnovers, most unforced. On the other side, Letcher was 24 of 26 from the line, and the last 10 free throws I think were because Knott had to foul the last 2 minutes. I'm sure the rematch will be another tough game for both teams. Knott needs to find some offense or just turn Slone loose and let him keep firing, especially when hitting like that. Congrats to the Cougars on a big district win.

Probably because Coach Hammonds put Logan Johnson on him. Logan is an excellent defensive player. Just ask Tate Cox.
Crazy Horse Wrote:WOW!!!! I think this game makes the Cordia Lions look like an even stronger team. Cordia had a 3 pointer that could of sent the LCC game into OT, but missed. Cordia didn't have that much trouble with LCC's press either, broke it enough coach Hammonds had to back out of it. But the Lions was crazy HOT from the 3 point line, especially Jon Stacy. Congrats LCC, looks like Knott will have to beat Letcher by 12 the next game to get the 1 seed in the District Tourney, but watch out for the Lions to upset the Cougars in the next game, don't be suprised.

I don't see Cordia beating LCC in Cougarland. Not this year.
Great job logan johnson in shuting down Slone. Great win Cougars
You can't win a game shooting more than likely less than 35% from the field and hardly making any free throws. They pretty much seemed to just quit in the second half. They couldn't make a shot, even under the basket.

Overall an embarrassing loss for Knott. I honestly wish they could just figure out how to play to their potential. Something has to be done. I see promising things from certain players every game, but until they learn to play as a solid unit, their talent won't make a difference.
Any district win tastes a little sweeter. Congrats to Letcher Central on the upset!
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Good win for LCC.
Great District win for Letcher!!!! They shot the ball great from the line to win the game. Now they have PCC coming on Friday which should be another great game with Stewart back!!!
Aslan Wrote:So much for Knott being the most talented team in the 14th. Looks like they aren't even the best team in there own district.

They are without davis? Thats 15ppg or better? and the ball handling.
greenstuff22 Wrote:They are without davis? Thats 15ppg or better? and the ball handling.

Injuries are a part of life and basketball. I hate if for the kids and the teams but you have to continue playing and not use it as an excuse. You cannot put an asterick beside each loss for KCC after Davis's injury. Letcher Central girls lost their leading scorer due to an ACL but they have to keep on playing, work harder, and find people to pick up the slack. Knott Central boys has to do the same thing.
That is why they pay the coaches the big bucks, right? To figure out what works for their teams in the time of need after an injury or after someone fouls out, looks like Knott has some more work to do figuring out what is going to work for them. I would suggest practicing free throws before during and after practice. Smile
Aslan Wrote:So much for Knott being the most talented team in the 14th. Looks like they aren't even the best team in there own district.

Jealousy is so unattractive. If that's the case Perry hasn't been the best team in their district in a while.. Confusedhh:

You wait all day for a Knott County post to comment on..
Anyone got the box scores from last night?
Grats LC
HeGotGame Wrote:Jealousy is so unattractive. If that's the case Perry hasn't been the best team in their district in a while.. Confusedhh:

You wait all day for a Knott County post to comment on..

Perry won there district in 09, so I wouldn't say that was too long ago. But this thread is about Knott losing to Letcher. Congrats Cougars!
Wall4president Wrote:Anyone got the box scores from last night?

Just wondering how many free throws Knott shot and missed?
greenstuff22 Wrote:They are without davis? Thats 15ppg or better? and the ball handling.

I dont believe they was they best team in the region with Davis
Wall4president Wrote:Just wondering how many free throws Knott shot and missed?

I don't have an exact count.
I do know they were under 50% though.
Fg %
kcc 16-42 38%
lcc 14-48 29%
ft%
kcc 10-21 48%
lcc 24-26 92%
3 %
kcc 3-10
lcc 3-8

kcc14 10 4 17 45