Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mountain Examiner Top 10 - Feb. 14
Check out this weeks rankings!

Mountain Examiner Top 10
How does Clay drop any, much less 3 spots? They were playing without their 2 best players which are arguably 2 of the best in EKY and only lost by 2 points on the road aganist a quality oppenent. Doesn't make much sense to me. I could see it if they were out for an extended period of time, but they'll be back this week. What does the PCC loss at Bell do to these now?
Hit and Run Wrote:How does Clay drop any, much less 3 spots? They were playing without their 2 best players which are arguably 2 of the best in EKY and only lost by 2 points on the road aganist a quality oppenent. Doesn't make much sense to me. I could see it if they were out for an extended period of time, but they'll be back this week. What does the PCC loss at Bell do to these now?

Clay only dropped 2 spots....
they were third last week after they lost and Betsy Layne won the All "A".
Then they lose to Hazard, who also lost to Buckhorn.
Making the rankings 1)Perry 2)Betsy Layne 3)Buckhorn 4)Hazard 5)Clay
I think it's more than fair....
but of course I make the rankings so what I say goes lol

The PCC loss at Bell definitely shakes these up a lot, because it will be hard not to give the top spot to Betsy Layne after they won the All "A" and have been putting on a clinic over the last month.
We'll have to see what happens the rest of the week.
Betsy Layne has a game against East Ridge that should be interesting.
Congrats to B.L.
I didn't see last week's rankings. I understand Clay dropping below BL because they proved it at the All A. But honestly, would Hazard have beat Clay if Mitchell and Hooker played? Would Back have had 24 points if he'd had to done it on Hooker?
Hit and Run Wrote:I didn't see last week's rankings. I understand Clay dropping below BL because they proved it at the All A. But honestly, would Hazard have beat Clay if Mitchell and Hooker played? Would Back have had 24 points if he'd had to done it on Hooker?

I don't know if they would or not....
Instinct says yes, but there is no absolute way to know unless they play.
Hazard didn't have Olinger when Buckhorn beat them and I still put Hazard below Buckhorn.

Why didn't Hooker or Mitchell play to begin with?
Hooker had a sore knee and Mitchell turned his ankle in the Breathitt game. Coaches were worried what could happen if the did play so they held them last week. They both got some minutes last night at Tates Creek. They will be full strength next week at the district tournament. Regardless of the rankings it was good for the role players to play a couple games without the stars and prove to each other that they could compete without them. I agree about the 'if' game, but you have to be realistic about it. If one of them would have played, then I would agree in dropping them, but without those 2 they were without 70% of their rebounds and 40% of their points. That's tough to replace.