Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coaches or Players?
Good players can win out a good coach, however below average players can win with great coach. In order to be successful it takes both. I have seen great players loose and average players win.
JC girls in 2002 it think it was, had great players and a great coach, but lost in the regional finals. Neither one was prepared. the players were out played and the coach was out coached.

Now look at SF the past 3 years, they have had great players and in my opinion an average coach, they have not been able to win it all,,,,yes i know SF fans they have won some games but they have not made it to Rupp.
"Dawg Family" Wrote:What school did you go to and what year was this ? I see that you are from LC but I just can't emagine Coach Evans ever getting coach of the year and I have never just seen her sit by and not be yelling at the girls and asking them if they are stupid or something because I have heard that several time's come from her when she gets wrapedd up in the moment.:bow:
I went to Lawrence County, and no, Erin Evans was not the coach.
Our coach was even worse. I graduated in 1981 and played bball with bballmama in school. Long time ago.....:Geek:
shhhhhh showing our age..lol
I played girls' basketball for quite some time and had maybe one or two coaches that actually knew what they were doing. Others were just there to fill the space on the bench.

I must say that I believe that it is primarily up to the player to decide how they will play. If they have the guts, determination, and hard work ethic they can be a great player. But I will also say that at some time (more than once actually) a player will need some type of uplifting speech, pat on the back, or help with what to do against a certain team or rival player and that is where the coach comes in.

Players and coaches work hand in hand with each other. They both need each other.
i think er has both
i think er has both
[U]
This is worse than which came first the chicken or the egg. Coaches cant get out there and execute for their players and players cant play and coach (not even in the pros does that work). Both are needed to be a championship team.