Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shaq physically abused by father
Jackie MacMullen, who recently wrote a book with Shaquille O'Neal, said the NBA superstar lived through a childhood of physical abuse from his father.

NBA LOCKOUT: Owners give players a new proposal

Talking on a podcast hosted by Jason Whitlock, MacMullen described the abuse and the methods of O'Neal's father Phillip Harrison who she says "beat the living daylights out of him at every turn."

"We're not talking about spanking. We're talking about a belt. Beating him badly. Something that disturbed his mother greatly. Of course, Shaq's mom and his dad aren't together any more. I think that's in part why. Sarge was a military guy, that's how his father raised him, and that's how he was going to raise his son. "

MacMullen, who relates a story about Harrison punching O'Neal in the face said Shaq does not blame his father.

"Shaq said, 'He never hit me without cause, if it weren't for him I'd be in prison right now because I was a wise guy, and I did the wrong things, and I was caught up with the wrong kids....I understand why he did it. I love him. I would never do it to my own kids.' " (Thanks to Eye On Basketball for the tip)

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/...titialskip
How could anyone abuse ShaqDaddy?! I love that guy! I bet he's laughin now..
I want to say Shaq said that back in the mid 90s which is where I've heard that before. I think he said his dad was an alcoholic as well
Yea, I don't see Shaq getting abused.. I'm sure he was a big ole boy growing up.
No matter how big he was...
until he got into High School his dad was bigger and stronger
He's like a big kid, love him to death...

I can't imagine abusing my kids...and anyone that attempted it would be in a world of hurt. Pisses me off thinking about it..
vundy33 Wrote:He's like a big kid, love him to death...

I can't imagine abusing my kids...and anyone that attempted it would be in a world of hurt. Pisses me off thinking about it..

Then take it a step further and find out someone molested them....
This just goes to show you the person Shaq really is. To get beat his entire childhood and keep a positive outlook everyday and make someone elses day better! He is always smiling and joking around! He's a true hero!
^ Think if he really lost his temper
Stardust Wrote:^ Think if he really lost his temper

He'd kill someone.
Stardust Wrote:^ Think if he really lost his temper

I wouldn't want to be in the same room
toussaints Wrote:I wouldn't want to be in the same room

Can you imagine Shaq if he truly wanted to be an enforcer.
^All heck would break loose.
So I am confused, are they referring to his biological father or step father? He claimed years ago (during his rap days) that his biological father didn't want to have anything to do with him until he made it in the NBA and that he owed all of his sucess to his step father...
Kazaam!