Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Ridge-60 vs Johnson Central-59
I am NOT a huge ER fan, but guys we really need to quit blaming officials for basketball games. I was at the game and actually Coach LeMaster played the final side out inbounds play very well. He took Wolter off the ball and doubled Shane Hall and made it difficult for JC to enter the ball to him. They threw it in to another player who immediately got it to Hall, but once Hall got the ball Kasongo actually sat down and played defense and stayed right in front of him and Shane lost control of the ball and Johnny Miller swooped in for the steal. There was NO foul that should have been called period. JC was actually in the double bonus towards the end of the 3rd or early 4th quarter and ER never shot the bonus in the 2nd half, so I definitely would not blame the officials guys. Johnny Miller continues to impress me every game for a freshman in high school, probably the best shooter in the Mountains that I have seen this year, believe he was 5-6 from beyond the arc last night. Shane Hall is a very nice, well-rounded player and he did out play Kasongo for the 1st 3 quarters. But Kasongo definitely got the best of Shane in the 4th period. Both Kasongo and Hall are extremely athletic and if you put Shane's work ethic into Kasongo, then he would be a monster and would definitely be D1. Kasongo had two monster dunks in the last 4 minutes of the game, one he took off from way out and dunked on top of JC player, quite impressive!! But good luck to both teams in district play! Coach LeMaster has ER playing fairly well to finish the season, believe they have won 8 of their last 10. Coach McKenzie has his squad playing well also, this was not a bad loss @ ER, East Ridge has potential to win this 15th Region guys. They have only had Shane back for the past 2 games and played pretty well without him and that experience for other players (Truman Saylers) will help them in the post-season!! Again, good luck to both teams in their respective districts and hopefully they meet again for the Regional Finals!!
hillmonster Wrote:The Hall should go somewhere so he could play in the state tourney

Don't worry have heard he is headed to Region 14 where he will play power forward. That is his natural position at the next level. Also will be taught defense by one of the best defensive coaches in the state. Read between the lines and you can figure out where he is headed. Peace be among us. Brither Cecil.
THOMCAT Wrote:Have to question that fact. Hall had 22 points, 14 rebounds and 4 blocks. If this game had been at Central or on a neutral court, the Eagles would have won by 10+. Two potential technicals for slamming the ball after a foul and another for jumping in a referee's face to object a call were overlooked. Add the mauling of Shane Hall on the inbounds pass with less than 10 seconds in the game. Typical case of officials swallowing their whistles with less than 2 minutes to play.
Are there stats for the Big D-1 player? Most of my looks show that the non D-1 guys seem to carry the load and they get no press. D-1 better than Hall.:eyeroll:
Benchwarmer Wrote:Johnson Central must be down this year. East Ridge beat them.

I dont know about last night, but they were starting 2 freshmen and 3 sophomores at one time.
I was at the game Friday night and to be fair, I didn't see a D1 player on the floor, from either team. Kosongo has a ton of athletic ability, but its all raw. He really doesn't know very much basketball. He showed moments of promise tonight, and I think he probably had his best game so far. Hall is a nice technical player, not as much raw talent as Kosongo, but he plays a nice game. I thought J.C. had a nice game plan, and it worked up to the last 30 seconds or so. J.C. tried to take Miller out of the game, and guarded him well for most of the night, they also doubled up Kosongo in the middle. J.C.'s philosophy was, "I'll take those 2 out of the game, beat me with the other 3". E.R. played a nice game, with the exception of those 3 or 4 minutes in the 3rd period where they turned the ball over several times and J.C. built an 11 point lead. I give E.R. credit for keeping their head and fighting back. As far as the officiating was concerned, E.R. did get anymore breaks than J.C. I saw bad calls against both squads. 2 terrible calls were the foul against Kosongo by the scorers table in the 4th, that was pitiful and the non-call against J.C. with 3 seconds to go when the J.C. player grabbed Miller's jersey and was pulling him when he threw it up. I also saw a couple of missed calls E.R. got by with too. I thought it was an even called game, no excuses.
Benchwarmer Wrote:East Ridge scored one more point?

I meant was it a last second shot, a free throw, ect., smartass. :Thumbs:
Agree with you Knowledge, definitely not a bad loss. And also agreed, Johnny Miller is going to be an absolutely great player.

How tall is Shane Hall by the way? Will he grow anymore or stay at around the same height?
Does anyone have any stats for this game?
vundy33 Wrote:I meant was it a last second shot, a free throw, ect., smartass. :Thumbs:

Well you need to specify when asking a question. smartass.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Well you need to specify when asking a question. smartass.

Well, didn't foresee anyone going full retard on me like you have.
vundy33 Wrote:Well, didn't foresee anyone going full retard on me like you have.

Just replying to a retard post.