Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley County 64 Corbin 40 (50th District Championship)
Final.

Corbin 8 11 15 6 40
Whitley Co. 14 16 19 15 64

Corbin (16-13) -- Blackburn 6, Wilson 11, Ashley 10, Disney 6, Fathergill 5, Ashhurst 2.

Whitley Co. (23-6) -- Powers 13, Smith 16, Craig 23, Johnson 2, Anderson 6, Sizemore 1, Dingess 1, Jones 2
Corbin played hard but it wasnt enough.
Craig shot layups all night long.

Whitley improves to 23-6 on the year and are on a 13 game winning streak.
Its a great time to be peaking...

Its going to be interesting to see how the region draw goes....
Craig had a double-double and showed why she is considered one of the Best Bigs in the 13th region. She was a Beast and totally dominated Corbin. Smith and Powers controlled the outside offensively and defensively. They played outstanding defense on the Corbin guards. Great TEAM WIN!!!! Keep on rolling....Lady Colonels!!!!:Clap:
Basketball Wizzard Wrote:Craig had a double-double and showed why she is considered one of the Best Bigs in the 13th region. She was a Beast and totally dominated Corbin. Smith and Powers controlled the outside offensively and defensively. They played outstanding defense on the Corbin guards. Great TEAM WIN!!!! Keep on rolling....Lady Colonels!!!!:Clap:

Craig is capable of doing this consistently, Whitley needs to work harder to get her the ball.

I would like to see Whitley Co. win the region, but they will have to show that they can beat Clay Co., something no one in the region has proven they can do.

Corbin has too many good basketball players in their Jr and Sr classes not playing, although the young players are getting a lot of Pt.
If Craig would work on getting open more down low i honestly believe theyd give her the ball, just like tonight.
Corbin only has one big and she wore down way to quick trying to get around all the big for Whitley.

Im just really excited to know that this team is so young.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:If Craig would work on getting open more down low i honestly believe theyd give her the ball, just like tonight.
Corbin only has one big and she wore down way to quick trying to get around all the big for Whitley.

Im just really excited to know that this team is so young.

:dudecomeon:
^
Its true.