Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I clear the Varney discussion
I will try my best to make this clear to all of you who think I am bashing Varney. Honestly, I do not know who is the better of the backs because I have not saw him play. I do stand by my statement that there is no chance and I mean no chance he runs a 4.4 40 yard dash. PCC fans say he is better because of his stats and such. I say you all really have nothing to justify your claims. This will be Weston Robinson's third year starting for the Panthers. The past two years he proved himself as being one of the better backs in mountains, not only against the weak district opponents, but also against the tougher teams Pikeville faced as well. Varney on the other hand started last season and put up better numbers than Robinson, but he always played the entire game, plus he didn't have another great back to share carries with. You say I haven't saw the things Varney can do when he finds a whole, but really you do not know. All you know is what he can do against the competition that is not good, or the JV of the other teams. Robinson is proven and Varney is unproven. If he is as good and as fast as you say then he really should take his talent else where.
well maybe he could come to pikeville pikeville needs another back and if they got together it would be bad for the 1A teams
they would be the best bet get equal caries both block for each other they would be awesome to see next year
IMO
they would be the next great 1 2 punch think about that
Coach Mac Wrote:well maybe he could come to pikeville pikeville needs another back and if they got together it would be bad for the 1A teams
they would be the best bet get equal caries both block for each other they would be awesome to see next year
IMO
they would be the next great 1 2 punch think about that
I don't know if they would be better than Robinson/Shurtleff from this season.
Yea i don't think varney would be a better blocker than shurtleff. I watched pikeville play, the backfield was dominating. Belfry had a very nice backfield too.