Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 14, Betsy Layne 5, 6 inning scrimage
Betsy Layne seemed to be content to sit back and enjoy the walks in the first inning and scored 4 runs on 3 hits and 4 walks from Jonathan Miller. When the Tigers came to the plate in the bottom of the first, they crushed the ball and blasted their way to 6 runs!!! The pitching settled down for Paintsville as freshman Shawn Selvage,8th graders Austin Lyons an Nick Vance gave up zero runs and only aout 3 hits through 4 innings of work!! Soph. Corey Humphries tossed the 6th and gave up 1 run!!
Everyone was hitting for Paintsville as they had to have smacked at least 20 hits inthe 6 innings!!! Paintsville looked very impressive in such cold temps!!!
That is impressive that the bats are going this early in the season. Looks like a bright future for a great season.
best of luck to the tigers and coach howerd
i was at the game last night i was impressed by the way they played all of them but they candle handle us here at prestonsburg. go blackcats
How will Paintsville be?
I thought it was colder than all get out, but was happy to see Paintsville do so well!
It was extremely cold. Paintsville looked really good defensively too, I don't think they had but 1 or 2 errors maybe, if that. The pitching looked great, they were hitting the ball with confidence, and I think this team will make some noise in the 15th this year.
Go Tigers!!
Congrats PHS
Who is Paintsville's coach now that Adkins has stepped down?
Congrats, Tigers! It seems as though they're playing very well already. It's nice to see they've got some quality pitching, especially with the younger players. Good Luck Paintsville and Betsy Layne in 2006.
Sponge Bob Wrote:Who is Paintsville's coach now that Adkins has stepped down?
Tucker Howard is the new coach. I thinke Paintsville plays Boyd County on Tuesday, at Boyd County. Then they go to the Warrior Classic at Pulaski SW. There they play Leslie Co., Southwestern, and Somerset.
Pupaw Wrote:Tucker Howard is the new coach. I thinke Paintsville plays Boyd County on Tuesday, at Boyd County. Then they go to the Warrior Classic at Pulaski SW. There they play Leslie Co., Southwestern, and Somerset.

Is that the start of the regular season? Not familiar with Southwestern, but it sounds like some great match-ups
blackwidow Wrote:Is that the start of the regular season? Not familiar with Southwestern, but it sounds like some great match-ups
The game against Boyd County is the start of the regular season I think.