Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Charlie Strong turns down Tennessee
That's the word going around.

Give me a second to find the tweets on twitter and I'll post
Kentucky Recruiting ‏@RecruitKentucky And now rumors circulating that he HAS accepted and will be introduced in the next 24-48 hours. Charlie Strong is going to be a Vol.
The Vols didnt get Gruden so they go after the next best guy they could get. Great hire for UT. If Bray and Co come back next season, I would expect the Vols to compete for the title in the East.
^ This also helps Kentucky with James Quick. He did have Louisville at 1 but will probably change since Strong went to Tennessee
The SEC will be a tough, mean, and nasty world in a few years. All the bottom feeder schools getting good coaches. It's going to be tough to go undefeated in the SEC year in and year out.
"Kentucky Football needs to be and will be a championship contender in the SEC."- Mitch Barnhart
I love this hire for UT. Really nice!
LOL, i thought he was upset that his name was being mentioned and that he already had a job when all of those Auburn comments came up?

One thing is for sure, just like i said, never believe a word a coach says. Theyll follow the money everytime.
Is it official or are they going to make a announcement?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
I hope this helps UK get more of the in-state guys
Like SK said. Quick was going to UL. With our coach wanting to be Air Raid, and Strong likely heading to UT. He could be a wildcat. Is he the number one recruit in the state?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Charlie Strong to Tennessee is what's going around but Bruce Feldman tweeted this morning that Tennessee has offered the position to Mike Gundy at Oklahoma State.

Also seen a report yesterday that stated that Charlie Strong would be introduced this morning and his deal is like 3.75 mil per year.
Espn was reporting strong to stay at Louisville.
With both Charlie Strong and Mike Gundy turning down Tennessee, where do the Vols go from here?
Who knows! Surprised he turned it down if that is what is being reported.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

I wonder why they have turned down Tennessee?
Wow could it be that UT has become the new UK, coaches are starting to look at it as a career killer. Their was a day when any coach would have loved to be in the SEC no matter which school it was, but now its totally different.....It doesn't help that UT has had what 3 coaches in the last 5yrs or something like that not exactly sure about the numbers...As for Coach Gundy I dont think he will leave where he is at because like someone said earlier he has most of his family there, and seems pretty happy where he's at right now...
Surprising that he turned it downed.
How far has UT fallen that a head coach at Loserville would decline the mighty Vols invite? Lol
Maybe the search committee or the AD is screwing something up.
Louisville has got them a coach for good!
Demarcus ware Wrote:Wow could it be that UT has become the new UK, coaches are starting to look at it as a career killer. Their was a day when any coach would have loved to be in the SEC no matter which school it was, but now its totally different.....It doesn't help that UT has had what 3 coaches in the last 5yrs or something like that not exactly sure about the numbers...As for Coach Gundy I dont think he will leave where he is at because like someone said earlier he has most of his family there, and seems pretty happy where he's at right now...
The number of coaches isn't really the vols fault. They wanted lane kiffin to stay. But when USC comes calling you answer
Strong and UofL are working on an extension, but word is UT re offered Strong and it is huge. It'd be great hire for UT, I think he's the best coach left. Plus, Loserville fans would lose their minds, haha.
Pete Thamel just reported that Strong just turned down Tennessee. He's working on an extension at UofL.

Where do the Vols go from here?
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:The number of coaches isn't really the vols fault. They wanted lane kiffin to stay. But when USC comes calling you answer
Yeah i understand the USC came calling thing, but still looks bad on any program when you go thru that many coaches that soon.
Being a lifetime fan of UK, of course i don't like Looserville or UT so it really comes down to which team i wanna see left hanging in this case and i can't really decide. I wanna see UK be able to beat both of these teams more than just about anyone. So it doesn't matter to me which team Strong coaches, honestly i can't see where the problem is for Strong to decide because i would much rather coach an SEC team over Looserville any day but then again its all about the money and who gives out more. lol...Looserville fans will scream loud enough for us here in the mountains to hear them if he leaves for UT. Lol!!!!
Charlie Strong is an idiot!

Even though i hate anything orange, Tennessee, I believe, is the best job in the country.

I would leave Lville in a heartbeat to go there.

Its come down to coaches not wanting to coach in the SEC! They would rather stay in bad conferences and win 10 games a year because in reality, they couldnt coach against the top of the SEC!
Charlie Strong is going to make out like a bandit no matter which way this breaks. I don't believe he is the idiot here.
Strong is a heckuva coach. In a can't-lose situation. Louisville loves him and if turns down a job with TN, they'll love him twice as much. Whether it's true or not, it will be perceived by the fans as being loyal, a word not used too much in today's sports.