Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry vs. Pikeville: Better All Time Program
Panther Thunder Wrote:Beechwood converted some absolutely ignorantly lucky first downs on long yardage on balls that looked like a duck falling out of the sky, they hung there for an eternity, you are just screaming that ball has to be picked, but it was one of those things. It was almost so bad, the offense had the advantage.

I will have to watch the film again, if I can make myself to go into much more detail, but the aid of a PHS senior making two inexcusable personal fouls to help Beechwood walk down the field didn't help.

Link to a good article from the Cincinnati paper:

http://enquirer.com/editions/1999/11/27/...od_25.html

Sad

I remember watching that game. That was just a freakish win for Beechwood. Pikeville was winning it, and should have won it. However, this just goes to show if Coach Mac has the talent, and personnel, he can go deep in the playoffs and further. That game, as bad as it was that Pikeville lost,just gives credit to his coaching abilities by getting that far,imho.
Here's a link to the People Mag article on Pikeville.

http://www.people.com/people/archive/art...93,00.html
That article makes me miss Jerry's Restaurant
Whoever has the most state titles...has my vote. I know Pike won like 3 in a row in the 80's or something to that effect and Belfry seems to be there since the mid 90's. So who has won the most titles?
EKUAlum05 Wrote:That article makes me miss Jerry's Restaurant
Better hurry if you want to eat there one last time. A true Pikeville/Pikeville Football landmark. Definitely miss gathering there to celebrate a win.

Also, from the article, he doesn't get much pub on this site, but Gene Davis! Wow, what a man! I love every opportunity I get to speak with him. Great stories and a genuinely nice man. Another Pikeville legend.
tvtimeout Wrote:Whoever has the most state titles...has my vote. I know Pike won like 3 in a row in the 80's or something to that effect and Belfry seems to be there since the mid 90's. So who has won the most titles?

Pikeville 3 > Belfry 2
But don't waste your breath on the Belfry fans. They are trying to come up with formulas more complex than e=m c squared to try to swing it in their favor...
Boys you can't just count the state titles. You have to factor in everything not just the final game of the season when they actually won. Even if belfry had more than Pikeville I would say the same thing. It's common sense.
You're just trying to win this battle because you know tonight Belfry is gonna run it all over Pikeville and make you like it.
skully03 Wrote:Boys you can't just count the state titles. You have to factor in everything not just the final game of the season when they actually won. Even if belfry had more than Pikeville I would say the same thing. It's common sense.

But they don't...
:1::1::1: = Pikeville
:1::1: = Belfry

Confusedhh:
You say you all are wasting your breath on us Belfry fans. Well we're doing the same on you all. By you just counting titles is like some People saying that Belfry is the best because you haven't had a chance in the past decade. I haven't said that because you can't just count the past decade like you can't just count state titles.