Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville @ Morgan Co
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I know that Paintsville's depth is an issue, but i never dreamed that the talk would be like this after how things sounded back in april on here. Phelps, Lineman, now Charles is gone. Who will be the primary recievers?

Trimble and Smith, idk if Belcher is part of the passing game.
TigerBlues Wrote:Thinking big picture, not a scrimmage vs Betsy Lane. Pikeville, Lex Christian, Raceland ect. And yes you lose another body, but do you have one as athletic with great size and speed and loves the game to replace him with? Just think how much better they would have looked with him instead of without. Ask people in Pikeville if they are happy he is back, but we already know that answer don't we? Also don't forget he almost put Lane in a coma with the hit he delivered last year, we don't have a multitude of those kind of players and this will absolutely have a huge impact on this year in the regular season and playoffs.

You still have to play the games guys. What u want them to do , cancel the season!!
How did you get from it hurts the team to cancelling the season?
jetpilot Wrote:How did you get from it hurts the team to cancelling the season?

Everyone is tore up over kids being injured and a kid going back to Pikeville. I know it hurts.. Yes things have changed in the last couple months.but you have to play the games. Support who you have and go on.. All that has happened to the tigers , we need to get by one game at a time..
This is me Wrote:Everyone is tore up over kids being injured and a kid going back to Pikeville. I know it hurts.. Yes things have changed in the last couple months.but you have to play the games. Support who you have and go on.. All that has happened to the tigers , we need to get by one game at a time..

Agree with all this, I'm sure TB does too. All he said was it hurts. Imagine Paintsville with everyone they have and add Phelps, Charles, and anyone else who's hurt. I get it that you don't think about throwing in the towel but the hurt is there.
Lace em up and do what u gotta. BUT i do understand the despairity. Things went from Paintsville being a sleeper, to a dark horse, then a legit contender. Imo, Raceland has yet to prove to me that they are the clear cut favorite to win their district. We will know more about the Rams after tomorrow. With that said, Paintsville still has a helluva runnig back in Mr. Belcher. The line isnt small by any means. Paintsville will miss Charles on the defensive side of the ball more than anything. I still think the Tigers come out of all this with a winning season. In regaurds to the district? All of that remains to be seen before I get into that.
Paintsville 21
Morgan County 7
Let me say it like this, to start the season we had 35 kids on the roster including Kent Phelps for what reason he was on idk but of the remaining 34 we have lost three impact starters with Lemaster, Howard at center which is critical, and now Charles. Two big in the trench guys and a two way athletic stud. These are major major losses and to try and say let's plug the next guy in he will be as good isn't realistic. Remember Belcher and Kash will be the bulk of year offense now, then those two also have to play defense as well and there will be no shot of those guys coming off for a real breather. The loss of Kent Phelps is a killer in this scenario because with he and Belcher in the backfield at least they could have subbed out before going on defense and actually had a true break. It only my opinion but this will be exposed at Pikeville and Raceland and Lex Christian and Fairview like it was last year.
TigerBlues Wrote:Let me say it like this, to start the season we had 35 kids on the roster including Kent Phelps for what reason he was on idk but of the remaining 34 we have lost three impact starters with Lemaster, Howard at center which is critical, and now Charles. Two big in the trench guys and a two way athletic stud. These are major major losses and to try and say let's plug the next guy in he will be as good isn't realistic. Remember Belcher and Kash will be the bulk of year offense now, then those two also have to play defense as well and there will be no shot of those guys coming off for a real breather. The loss of Kent Phelps is a killer in this scenario because with he and Belcher in the backfield at least they could have subbed out before going on defense and actually had a true break. It only my opinion but this will be exposed at Pikeville and Raceland and Lex Christian and Fairview like it was last year.

You may be right. Lets don't give up yet.
This is me Wrote:You may be right. Lets don't give up yet.

????? No one is giving up except me trying to explain this :igiveup::igiveup:
TigerBlues Wrote:????? No one is giving up except me trying to explain this :igiveup::igiveup:

Don't stroke out. I understand fully.
Is the FB from Johnson Central playing? Who's #21? He looks like an athlete.
Boys, I've been a regular reader of several different forums on this site. Tiger Blues takes the cake as far as doom speaking and naysayers go. For someone that claims to be a fan of the school's teams, he sure is consistent about pointing out all the negative he can muster. With fans like TB, the Tigers don't really need any enemies. I usually keep my opinions to myself, but, DAMN! I just had to vent on this fair weather phony. Real fans are positive. Come on man!!! Sorry everyone.
Mountain Boy Wrote:Boys, I've been a regular reader of several different forums on this site. Tiger Blues takes the cake as far as doom speaking and naysayers go. For someone that claims to be a fan of the school's teams, he sure is consistent about pointing out all the negative he can muster. With fans like TB, the Tigers don't really need any enemies. I usually keep my opinions to myself, but, DAMN! I just had to vent on this fair weather phony. Real fans are positive. Come on man!!! Sorry everyone.

That's ok boy I respect your opinion, just go back and read them again from a different outlook. Scotty Bronson made the same point as I, to start the season with such promise and an ability to actually compete with the programs like Pikeville, Raceland the really strong 1 A teams then we lose players it really hurts those chances to fully compete. That's all I was saying in the big picture.