Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky @ LSU 9/18
Can this young Kentucky team pull off a win in "Death Valley"? IMO this game will show if Mark Stoops has closed the talent gap between the Wildcats and a traditional SEC power. IMO I think LSU wins this game on a last second field goal by a score of 20 to 17. I think the match ups in this game are very interesting. Lets hear your thoughts on this game! Go Big Blue!
Wildcats play well, but, come up just a little short. LSU wins 24-20.
LSU wins 31-14
UK will have to play a complete and almost perfect game to come into Death Valley and leave with a win. I still haven't made up my mind on a score for this on. I want to say the Cats will win but only time will tell.
Your question was "can they win?" and the answer is yes. However, I think UK will have a tough time consistently stopping a powerful LSU running game for 4 quarters. Barring turnovers by LSU, I cant see Ky being able to score enough to overcome the strong, clock-eating ground game. I look for a relatively low scoring game, somewhere around 24-13 LSU'

Now, with all that being said, I do think that UK has a legitimate shot at this game, even though it is in Baton Rouge. The talent disparity isnt what it usually is, although I think LSU is still ahead in this department, especially up front. However, if things like turnovers, defensive scores, and good special teams plays occur, UK is definetly good enough to knock them off. One of the things in UK's favor is that LSU has been struggling some in the kicking game so, if its close, Ky has an even better chance.

I sure hope that UK can pull this one out but, as a lifelong Ky fan (and Im in my 50's), I know better than to get to hopped up on the Cats....I have had my heart broken to many times. I sure wish this one was in Lexington. I just hope Miss St wins. I like the idea of the #1 team in the country rolling into Commonwealth feeling very good about themselves facing an angry group of Cats with a chip on their shoulder. With a win this week, Ky wont sneak up on anyone!
Cat win 33-30.....
Cats can win this game..
Only thing that worries me is where it's at LSU.
Vegas has LSU as a 10 point favorite.
Ballers Wrote:Cats can win this game..
Only thing that worries me is where it's at LSU.
Vegas has LSU as a 10 point favorite.

A 10 pt line sounds about right to me but I wouldnt bet 15 cents on this one in either direction. I seldom ever bet UK games. I end up betting with my heart instead of my head which can get expensive!!
Man I would love to see UK pull off the win tonight, but just do not think they are going to especially on the road.
Is there any where to watch the live stream of this game besides espn3?
GoCats10 Wrote:Is there any where to watch the live stream of this game besides espn3?

The SEC Channel
LSU early lead. 7-0
I don't like the feel of this game already.
UKs first drive = not good.
17-0 LSU
Not good
Special teams put the team in a hole early. stupid play call on the kickoff, just kick it off and go cover it! Did not like the wildcat call on the 4th and 2 play, put it in Pat's hands. Special teams and dumb penalties put the team in a quick hole and somehow the are still in the game.
Wildcat isn't going to work and special teams have killed us
Neil Browns play calling has been so damn predictable this entire game. Special teams must have stayed in Lexington. And it's obvious speed is going to kill us this year. We looked almost as bad as louisville in this game.
I think after the special teams melt down,and the defense hanging tuff until right b4 half,they just mailed it in tonight,we all know there better than that....they get big upset next weekend and tear goalpost dowm..
UKs offense....wildcat run up the middle, pass to the flats, and towles running for his life.
That's seriously all there was.
UK has started slowly all year but they couldnt dig out of this one. They are doing silly things that young players do. There was a few bright spots, especially defensively. They were playing a very strong running game and they made some plays here and there. I am perfect on my pre-season pick for UK but, if u look at the schedule, it hasnt been hard. The only upset I picked was the win over South Carolina. I picked them 7-5 with a win over Miss St next weekend and a win over Lville at the end of the year so Ill stay with that. In 40+ years picking UK games, a have never gotten a season perfectly correct but this might be the year, LOL!! Knocking off the #1 team in the country would be huge for Ky's program!!