Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stick a fork
In the Ky program! Bottom line, regardless of any excuse any dillusional person can come up with. This program is as bad if not WORSE than it ever was under Bill Curry or Joker Phillips!!! There is absolutely NO WAY that Mark Stoops deserves to be paid $3,500,000 a year? Give me a break, his program is the laughing stock of the entire country!!!i
Hmmmm....wonder what Les Miles is doing these days???

Wink
Welcome back to the Joker days of UK football. That is all
I know I'm a new poster here but I can promise you that I have watched more games in Commonwealth Stadium then anyone on here. I'm disgusted by this loss. The defense was obviously not a factor after we went up 21-0. This is a bad loss. I remember seeing a Hail Mary from LSU in Commonwealth. This is way worse! The fans around me was thinking the same. I've read a a lot of your post Runitupthegut. That is very wishful thinking; if you think Les Miles will come to UK. You not need to be no mod son. Les Miles will go to USC in my best guess. Just a grandma that loves sports to show you youngins up.
This was the year we had a real chance to have a good season..... SEC down, we had 2 grade schools to beat, and 1 small college to beat..... And WE HAD 8 HOME GAMES.... We could not have done any worse, unless we would have lost to Eastern, which sure could have happened.... 3 star recruits are not going to get it done in the SEC.. Need a few 5 stars and several 4 stars.....
Both of Ky's last 2 coaches had
a combined ZERO head coaching experience before taking the Ky Job??? Also Bill Muschamp also had ZERO head coaching experience and we see how he worked out at Fla.....Maybe when you finally decide to fire Mark Stoops (which IMO should be Monday) you might wanna try to find a coach that has a track record as a reasonably successful head coach somewhere???
I wish all you cold weatherfans would go somewhere else and root for another team. You aren't true blue fans.

UK isn't back to the Joker days. Joker couldn't win 3 games in his time at UK. UK won 5 and a slight possibility on going to a bowl game. like 15-85% ratio.

I think what UK's problems are:

1. The offensive coordinator couldn't coach a middle school team. I don't see how he was the offensive coordinator on a team that was the nation's leading team in pass yards.

2. Special Teams coach.

3. Get some receivers that can catch the freakin ball

4. Get some SEC offensive and defensive lineman
Strikeout King Wrote:I wish all you cold weatherfans would go somewhere else and root for another team. You aren't true blue fans.

UK isn't back to the Joker days. Joker couldn't win 3 games in his time at UK. UK won 5 and a slight possibility on going to a bowl game. like 15-85% ratio.

I think what UK's problems are:

1. The offensive coordinator couldn't coach a middle school team. I don't see how he was the offensive coordinator on a team that was the nation's leading team in pass yards.

2. Special Teams coach.

3. Get some receivers that can catch the freakin ball

4. Get some SEC offensive and defensive lineman

1. You "hot" weathered fans set around here and rooted for Joker until the day he died or left or whatever. You do realize that Stoops has already come out in support for dimples and that alone means we don't need stoops. He will also never fire his boyfriend Elliott.

2. It Stoops fault, and Stoops fault alone for not hiring a special teams coach. Im sure he didn't so that they could get more money for these horrible assistants. Stoops also had the nerve to say that the special teams play was good all year except for a couple of plays. Strike two of he should have already been fired.

3. No good receivers are going to come to UK when your choices for throws are the shitty Towles and the shittier Barker.

4. See number 3. Stoops will never get those players.

You know what pisses me off more than anything?
How soft these pansies are. Boom Williams has to be the biggest baby ive ever seen. Gets hurt every single game. Our O line should be called the maxi pad squad, and every other play weve got somebody down whining about something. They are all too soft to play the game.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:1. You "hot" weathered fans set around here and rooted for Joker until the day he died or left or whatever. You do realize that Stoops has already come out in support for dimples and that alone means we don't need stoops. He will also never fire his boyfriend Elliott.

2. It Stoops fault, and Stoops fault alone for not hiring a special teams coach. Im sure he didn't so that they could get more money for these horrible assistants. Stoops also had the nerve to say that the special teams play was good all year except for a couple of plays. Strike two of he should have already been fired.

3. No good receivers are going to come to UK when your choices for throws are the shitty Towles and the shittier Barker.

4. See number 3. Stoops will never get those players.

Hes had time. He needs to go.

1. You all keep saying we're back to Joker days...Joker won 2 games in his final year...Stoops has won 5 in his 3rd year. Joker in his career is 13-24....Stoops is 12-24...The only thing Joker has good on his resume is the 10-7 win over a horrible Tennessee team back then.

2. Yes it is Stoops fault on the special teams coach. Winging it isn't, hasn't and won't get it done. Everyone is tired of seeing Timmons and Walker fair catch everything. I think Stoops needs to fire Dawson. Too conserative and lets face it, Powell County High School has a better OC than Dawson.

3. He's gotten recruits that NO OTHER coach at UK would have or could have. Some we can all agree on that we don't think are good players....Receivers need to learn how to catch and QB's need to learn how to get the ball to them.

3. 2016, the pressure is on. If Stoops has a season in 2016 like he did this year, then it maybe time for a change.

Stoops' seat is hot heading into the 2016 season...
^
Going back to Joker days?

When did we ever leave joker days?
Mark Stoops is the epitome of Joke Phillps.

You do realize in 3 years....

Jokes 13 wins
Stoops 12 wins....
You do realize that Stoops first couple of year's was Joker's players? His third year he had Freshmen and Sophomore's playing. He's gotten some highly rated recruits since he's been at UK. Brooks nor Joker got. He had UK ranked in the top 25 in this year's recruiting class. Something neither Joker nor Brooks done.

Joker (3rd Year) 2-10

Stoops (3rd Year) 5-7
I saw UK for the first time this year. Thankfully, it will be the last. They are awful. They lack discipline in all phases. I have not seen any improvement throughout the years under Stoops. UK just paid extra to get a name and is getting burned.
You cannot say that UK has improved by comparing Joker's and Stoops' records. Neither won more than two conference games during their tenure. Both Phillip's and Stoops' teams are not very well coached. The out of conference games that UK plays is soft that it gives the fans and players false hope thinking that UK is better than what they are and it does not prepare them for the conference. Playing a bunch of cupcakes and hoping for two or three conference wins is not going to get any program anywhere. UK's out of conference schedule is embarrassing and they struggle with that.
The best way to improve the program is to get an up and coming coach with experience whose team is well disciplined, improve the out of conference schedule to prepare for the conference games.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I go back to when Blanton Collier coached at UK so I am not sure why that it is now I have decided I have had enough of UK football...We suck at all phases of the game, honestly what does this team do well...
Unless some changes are made at a minimum at the coordinator level I am done with UK football...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
OldJacket Wrote:I go back to when Blanton Collier coached at UK so I am not sure why that it is now I have decided I have had enough of UK football...We suck at all phases of the game, honestly what does this team do well...
Unless some changes are made at a minimum at the coordinator level I am done with UK football...
I feel ya my friend, the condition of this program is way below weak to put it kindly.. BBN for the most part and Mitch Barnhardt are willing to accept this kind of a football program? We will be forced to go thru another embarrassing season before Barnhardt decides to go out and hire another coach that probably will have zero head coaching experience??
Granny Bear Wrote:Hmmmm....wonder what Les Miles is doing these days???

Wink

LSU AD committed to him after yesterdays game!

:flush:

But I like your line of thinking here Granny!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
So we are cold weather fans for demanding for a better program? This team isn't any better than a joker team. People say joker only beat a down UT team but praise Stoops for beating a god awful USC and mizzou team. Joker even done it with a WR at QB. This team is so disorganized it looks like a circus on the field. It's the homer fans that accept this crap. Next year the east won't be down as bad and we will see the same misery as this season. Joker and stoops records are identical but you people want to say we are improved. What a joke
Yes all of you all cold weather fans. You were happy with Stoops when he got here now that he struggled this season your calling for his head. UK 's problems are receivers not catching balls and OL not blocking.

2016 is my break or make year for Stoops. If he does better than he deserves another year at UK if he don't then I think it will be time for a change.

Petrino, Richt, Miles, Smart or any of those big name coaches Will never come to UK don't matter how much money they offer
Strikeout King Wrote:Yes all of you all cold weather fans. You were happy with Stoops when he got here now that he struggled this season your calling for his head. UK 's problems are receivers not catching balls and OL not blocking.

2016 is my break or make year for Stoops. If he does better than he deserves another year at UK if he don't then I think it will be time for a change.

Petrino, Richt, Miles, Smart or any of those big name coaches Will never come to UK don't matter how much money they offer
I agree homer the receivers didn't catch the ball. The difference between a good coach and what uk has is that a good coach wouldn't have continued to play those same receivers every single game. In his own words we were deep and oh so talented at the WR spot yet he played the same ones every game that couldn't catch the clap in a brothel. But hey stoops is our guy.
You was happy when UK was winning games earlier in the year. First loss you started calling for his head. Ridiculous. Stoops isn't going anywhere until after 2016 unless he leaves on his own.
No I wasn't after the first loss. It was when I went and seen them almost give the game away against ULL and the Eku game Seen this coming that day. But the homers didn't listen. That's ok cause I'm willing to do this again next season. Stoops may be a decent recruiter but head coach he's not.
Strikeout King Wrote:Yes all of you all cold weather fans. You were happy with Stoops when he got here now that he struggled this season your calling for his head. UK 's problems are receivers not catching balls and OL not blocking.

Whoa now. We never wanted Stoops to begin with. We wanted an actual coach.
Our boy Matt Jones has tweeted that there will be 2-3 coaching changes...Please let it be a OC, OL, and DC...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^
The only way Stoops gets fans back into is clean out the staff....

Hiring a special teams coach has to be one of them
Mark Richt is needing a job as coach or play caller
Before we can hire a coach. We have to find a Athletic Director who is capable of hiring a coach.
Having read all of the comments it's hard to reply to everything I agree/disagree with. I will however say that I was a big supporter of Stoops coming into this year. After the EKU game I lost a lot of faith in him and the coaching staff and nothing from that point on made me feel any better about it. I do understand the program was in poor shape however, and that most of his recruits are now maturing to the point that progress should be made. I am extremely disappointed in a 5-7 finish this year, but I believe one more year should be allowed to see what he can do (hopefully with some new coaches).

I know we will all disagree on this, but he will be the coach for at least next year and possibly 1 more after that regardless of performance.
alfus21 Wrote:Having read all of the comments it's hard to reply to everything I agree/disagree with. I will however say that I was a big supporter of Stoops coming into this year. After the EKU game I lost a lot of faith in him and the coaching staff and nothing from that point on made me feel any better about it. I do understand the program was in poor shape however, and that most of his recruits are now maturing to the point that progress should be made. I am extremely disappointed in a 5-7 finish this year, but I believe one more year should be allowed to see what he can do (hopefully with some new coaches).

I know we will all disagree on this, but he will be the coach for at least next year and possibly 1 more after that regardless of performance.
What's mind boggling about this disastrous mess is that the guy making $3.5 million a year after doing a horrible job for 3 years is now going to be finacially set for the rest of his life thanks to our brilliant athletic director who gave him a huge raise and extension last year just before his team lost their last 6 games in embarrassing fashion?? If we fire him now he would get millions more to bank away and be on easy street from now on??? So I say don't fire him, make him work his contract out and don't pay him a single buyout dollar.......