Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So What about Rubio?
Looked pretty strong yesterday morning:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/marco-rubio-...ns-praise/

Potential Secretary of State? and who is to say the Donald and Cruz don't slip in the weeks ahead!

What do you all think?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Spirit100 Wrote:Looked pretty strong yesterday morning:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/marco-rubio-...ns-praise/

Potential Secretary of State? and who is to say the Donald and Cruz don't slip in the weeks ahead!

What do you all think?
I think that Rubio has a brighter future as a Democrat than he does as a Republican. I am pretty sure that there will be no room in a Cruz administration for a low energy liar like Rubio.

The reason that Rubio looks good in his TV appearances is that he is the GOP establishment's best remaining hope for one of their own to get the nomination. Fox is working hard for Rubio, but not many conservatives are going to get burned by supporting another RINO. If the GOP and the media cannot have Jeb Bush, then they are determined to get Rubio elected.

Rubio and Cruz both campaigned as candidates who would be tough on illegal immigration and both promised to stand against amnesty for illegal aliens. Rubio was a member of the Gang of Eight and actively worked for the passage of the amnesty bill. Cruz voted against the bill and worked with Jeff Sessions, Mike Lee, and Steve King to defeat it. That is the bottom line on Rubio. He is a liar. Even Chuck Schumer is on record saying that Cruz actively opposed the bill and filed the amendment to strip citizenship from the bill to help defeat the bill.

Don't forget that Cruz and Rand Paul voted against the omnibus spending bill. Rubio was a no-show, after he pledged to work to slow the bill down in the Senate.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I think that Rubio has a brighter future as a Democrat than he does as a Republican. I am pretty sure that there will be no room in a Cruz administration for a low energy liar like Rubio.

The reason that Rubio looks good in his TV appearances is that he is the GOP establishment's best remaining hope for one of their own to get the nomination. Fox is working hard for Rubio, but not many conservatives are going to get burned by supporting another RINO. If the GOP and the media cannot have Jeb Bush, then they are determined to get Rubio elected.

Rubio and Cruz both campaigned as candidates who would be tough on illegal immigration and both promised to stand against amnesty for illegal aliens. Rubio was a member of the Gang of Eight and actively worked for the passage of the amnesty bill. Cruz voted against the bill and worked with Jeff Sessions, Mike Lee, and Steve King to defeat it. That is the bottom line on Rubio. He is a liar. Even Chuck Schumer is on record saying that Cruz actively opposed the bill and filed the amendment to strip citizenship from the bill to help defeat the bill.

Don't forget that Cruz and Rand Paul voted against the omnibus spending bill. Rubio was a no-show, after he pledged to work to slow the bill down in the Senate.

Thank you...I was unaware of that until now. Rubio has definitely been on the Cruz attack within the last couple weeks. Must be now or never for him?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Rubio is like any other Rino. In other words a democrat.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Cruz is like any other Rino. In other words a democrat.
I hope you meant to say Rubio. Jeff Sessions is probably the most conservative member of the U.S. Senate but Cruz is not far behind him. Sessions delivered a six minute speech a couple of days ago during a Cruz visit to Alabama, in which he said that had it not been for Cruz's efforts, the 2013 Gang of Eight amnesty bill probably would have become law. McCain recruited Rubio into the Gang of Eight to be its poster boy for the bill.

I don't know why Rubio wants to draw attention to his own record on illegal immigration by falsely attacking Cruz's record. Cruz has strong supported legal immigration, including the H1B visa program, with which I disagree - but nobody has been a more active opponent of illegal immigration.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I hope you meant to say Rubio. Jeff Sessions is probably the most conservative member of the U.S. Senate but Cruz is not far behind him. Sessions delivered a six minute speech a couple of days ago during a Cruz visit to Alabama, in which he said that had it not been for Cruz's efforts, the 2013 Gang of Eight amnesty bill probably would have become law. McCain recruited Rubio into the Gang of Eight to be its poster boy for the bill.

I don't know why Rubio wants to draw attention to his own record on illegal immigration by falsely attacking Cruz's record. Cruz has strong supported legal immigration, including the H1B visa program, with which I disagree - but nobody has been a more active opponent of illegal immigration.

Confusednicker:

lol, I did. I must have had Cruz on the mind.
Complete brain fart on that one.