Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland 86 North Laurel 66
Ashland lit it up from 3!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
They sure did, would have beaten anybody tonight. Lex. Catholic lost too, takes some shine off tomorrow’s game.
(03-05-2021, 11:38 PM)Van Hagar Wrote: They sure did, would have beaten anybody tonight. Lex. Catholic lost too, takes some shine off tomorrow’s game.

Definitely had that NL vs. LC game penciled on the calendar.  That's why you got to love high school sports though!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Ashland's role players were better than NL's and Ashland also had 3 very good basketball players compared to just 2 for North Laurel.

Reed did have a monster dunk before half that I'm sure everyone will see being shared on social media. Very excited to see him continue to develop. He's a rare talent.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BlackcatAlum's post:
  • BoondockSaint
(03-06-2021, 12:21 AM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: Ashland's role players were better than NL's and Ashland also had 3 very good basketball players compared to just 2 for North Laurel.

Reed did have a monster dunk before half that I'm sure everyone will see being shared on social media. Very excited to see him continue to develop. He's a rare talent.

This was actually the first game I’ve seen North Laurel play. Is there normally another kid that helps take pressure off of Sheppard on offense? Cause tonight they just gave Reed the ball and said here ya go on every offensive possession.
#BBFL
(03-06-2021, 12:26 AM)Spud6 Wrote:
(03-06-2021, 12:21 AM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: Ashland's role players were better than NL's and Ashland also had 3 very good basketball players compared to just 2 for North Laurel.

This was actually the first game I’ve seen North Laurel play. Is there normally another kid that helps take pressure off of Sheppard on offense? Cause tonight they just gave Reed the ball and said here ya go on every offensive possession.

Reed's cousin, Ryan Davidson, can go for 25 on most any night. Brody Brock scored  33 in a recent game.  Clay Sizemore is a double digit scorer as well.
North has Sheppard and one other kid than can possibly get his own buckets, and Sheppard is the only one that plays any defense.

Ashland would win 8 out of 10 against them.

Sheppard is great, the team is not.

I don’t see a role player in Ashland’s starting 5.  Each one of those young men can drop a game on you on any given night.  I follow more 16th region bball so I am only familiar with Porter, Villers, Sellers and Carter.  All of these guys lit it up last year.  Marcum is a nice player too.
Ashland had a once in a season shooting performance from 3. Ethan Sellers was hitting shots from everywhere.

Even with a regular shooting performance by Ashland I still think they win. All five of their starters were ready to compete at this level while North Laurel only had Reed and Davidson.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister D's post:
  • Appalachian Cat
I think that’s a very fair assessment. And it has what has concerned me all along about North. Most of the year their role players have done a really good job, but so much of what they get is set up for them by Sheppard. And I haven’t been happy with their team defense the times I’ve seen them. They are still capable, because of Sheppard and Davidson, but I’m not sure they are state title contenders. Ashland just had a more well-rounded team overall.
(03-06-2021, 07:49 AM)Van Hagar Wrote: I think that’s a very fair assessment. And it has what has concerned me all along about North. Most of the year their role players have done a really good job, but so much of what they get is set up for them by Sheppard. And I haven’t been happy with their team defense the times I’ve seen them. They are still capable, because of Sheppard and Davidson, but I’m not sure they are state title contenders. Ashland just had a more well-rounded team overall.

I think with Reed Sheppard you have a shot of winning as long as someone else just scores a few points to help out. But this is coming from someone who hasn’t watched many of the top teams in the state
#BBFL
(03-05-2021, 11:32 PM)Spud6 Wrote: Ashland lit it up from 3!

Watched this game and the Lex. Cath game, been watching Kentucky basketball for over 50 years, if those teams are some of the best. Kentucky basketball is really down this year. Not bashing those teams just maybe I was expecting to much from reading and not seeing with my own eyes.
(03-06-2021, 11:17 AM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:

Watched this game and the Lex. Cath game, been watching Kentucky basketball for over 50 years, if those teams are some of the best. Kentucky basketball is really down this year. Not bashing those teams just maybe I was expecting to much from reading and not seeing with my own eyes.
I think Ashland has legit top 20 team, but in no way was North Laurel the second best team in the state. The Jags are realistically a top 30ish team.

As always your best teams and deepest regions are in the Louisville, Lexington, Bowling Green, NKY areas. A lot of those schools never get ranked because they beat up on one another and don’t have great records.
(03-06-2021, 05:24 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote:
(03-06-2021, 11:17 AM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:

I think Ashland has legit top 20 team, but in no way was North Laurel the second best team in the state. The Jags are realistically a top 30ish team.

As always your best teams and deepest regions are in the Louisville, Lexington, Bowling Green, NKY areas. A lot of those schools never get ranked because they beat up on one another and don’t have great records.
this. couldnt have said it better!