Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mountaineers RB Slaton decides to go pro
Myself I think he is making a mistake. After the lack luster year and being injured in the last game will hurt his stock. I think if he would come back he would go alot higher next year.

West Virginia junior running back Steve Slaton said Sunday he will enter the NFL draft.
[Image: http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2006/111...ton_65.jpg]Slaton

"I just told my coaches," an emotional Slaton said. "This is hard for me. But my coaches that knew me best have left. And now it's time for me to leave."
In the school-issued statement, new Mountaineers coach Bill Stewart said his conversation with Slaton was "very private and heart-warming," and will remain private.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft08/ne...id=3194897
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Yeah I agree puff he is making a HUGE mistake on his behalf. Staying another year would definitely help his stock go up. But look at it this way Noel Devine is the man at WVU now.
I also think he is makin a mistake, BUT he has battled towards the end of the season the past two. Had he stayed and got injured again it might have hurt his chances even more.
I understand where hes coming from. I bet hes been ****ed at Rich Rodriegez for leaving. I guarentee you he would have stayed had Rich stayed. If he stays with Bill Stewart, he has to share even more with Noel, and he will have to partially learn a new system.. which niether are very good situations.. I bet you he wished he'd never came to WVU
yea i agree he is making a huge mistake
Yea im with you Batpuff he didnt have the greatest season but that just gives noel devine more time to shine if he decides not to transfer with the coaching move of Rodriguiez
i think it's the right time to go cause noel divine is on the rise and i think he has the chance to over shadow slaton.
Sucks for them.
WOOHOO maybe Marshall has a chance next year......a small chance, but more of a chance than we would have had.

I hope they are picked in the last round.....lol. Needless to say, I am not a fan of the Mounties.
Can't blame him. He would be taking a BIG chance at injuries once again after having a year full of them! We fans think very selfish sometimes instead of a kid doing what's best for him and his family. Even though I HATE it more than anyone when a kid decides to turn pro early, who could blame yourself if put in the same situation with a life changing decison with millions and millions of dollars thrown at you and PROMISED to be yours if you just declare.
He could have used another year, but I doubt he would get a higher status in the draft.
He should have stayed his senior year...
Running backs' careers end earlier than any other players, meaning the longer he waits to go pro the more punishment he takes in college therefore limiting his years in the pros. If he goes now it gives him a chance to play longer on in his career.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Can't blame him. He would be taking a BIG chance at injuries once again after having a year full of them! We fans think very selfish sometimes instead of a kid doing what's best for him and his family. Even though I HATE it more than anyone when a kid decides to turn pro early, who could blame yourself if put in the same situation with a life changing decison with millions and millions of dollars thrown at you and PROMISED to be yours if you just declare.

alfus21 Wrote:Running backs' careers end earlier than any other players, meaning the longer he waits to go pro the more punishment he takes in college therefore limiting his years in the pros. If he goes now it gives him a chance to play longer on in his career.

And on those two notes if he goes pro early, gets some big money in his bank account then gets injured he could go back to college and finish his degree and still be fairly young when he graduates. Plus he has millions in the bank.
Too many underclassmen going pro. This is what killed the NBA.