Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg Next Year?
What will they be like?
Not good, but not bad. A mediocre team at best. Losing a very talented core of seniors, but returning starting point guard Michael Stephens, and starting forward Sean Leslie. Also return good shooting from Brooks Herrick. I don't see them doing too much though. Hope I am wrong though.
I think the Cats will do better than most people think. They will miss alot of those sr's that are gone but will return some size and shooters . They have pretty good guards back also.
P burg will do just fine next year.....their starting 5 is as good as any in the region but after that they are lacking....their bench will be their weakness
"The Nuge" Wrote:P burg will do just fine next year.....their starting 5 is as good as any in the region but after that they are lacking....their bench will be their weakness
whos on their bench?
"The Nuge" Wrote:P burg will do just fine next year.....their starting 5 is as good as any in the region but after that they are lacking....their bench will be their weakness
whos on their bench?
Prestonsburg will be as good if not better next season. Yes most of the bench will have no varsity experience, but they had a good season JV this past year. I think that Leslie and Stephens will be more at ease next season going to the hole than in the past. They'll also still have size. Folks they will suprise people.
I think P-Burg will once again b in the running considering pretty much every team in the region lost some very good talent. One major thing they are losing in the way their seniors played physical they are losing a BIG PRESENCE in side IMO. The kid in side now i cant think of his name shawn something maybe is realy going to have to get stronger.
Sean Leslie wont be their center. G-MIchael Stephens(5'11)/G-Brandon Peters(6'1)/F-Sean Leslie(6'4)/F-Lewis Barnette(6'2)/C-Trevor Patton(6'5) thats Pburgs lineup in my opinion but it may be different.
P-Burg will not have a good team. They will have no scoring threat at all. There will be no 'good' teams in the region next year. On ther otherhand, I think basketball in the state of Kentucky has declined each year potential wise.
I suspect the Prestonsburg starting line-up will look more like this:
1. Michael Stephens
2. Brooks Herrick
3. Nick McGuire
4. Sean Leslie
5. Lewis Barnette

Brandon Peters, Bobby Hughes, Jordan Hall, Trevor Patton, and Lincoln Slone should come of the bench. The biggest thing Prestonsburg will lack is experience.
Nick McGuire doesn't play anymore. I don't see him starting even if he did play to be honest with ya. He wasn't much of a basketball player. I think he should just stick to baseball. I'd say Trevor Patton could move into the starting line-up at the 5 and move Leslie up to the 3 and Lewis to the 4.
I had heard Nick McGuire may be coming back out again, and was going on that. If he does I just don't see Trevor Patton starting in front of him. Trevor did make huge improvements over last season and will probably play a key role for the Blackcats off the bench. But I don't see him starting, especially early in the season.
I have heard that alot of guys that had played before and for one reason or another, had left the B-Ball, will be back out next season. Some of which have been in football for the past 3 years. P'burg could have as many as 10 Srs on the team next year. IMO a very coachable team, Some say even more so than in the past.
I don't really know of anyone that has been on the basketball team that quit for football that was actually any count though. Enlighten me on who you might be talking about TC.
I think they will be good.. they lost a lot but a lot of other teams did also
Personally I think Pburg will be horrible!!!! and SF will dominate!!!! HAHAHA
pburg will never become "horrible" maybe u havent watched a sf game there is somethin horrible 4 u
Cry South floyd gonna dominate thats funny ur funny its gonna be bl and P-burg fighting it out in district P-burg will probaly end up being ranked 2nd in the district so says the rubberband man. :o
Prestonsburg also has 2 great young players that are freshman. Which is Jody Tackett Who is a great point guard and can shoot the ball very well. And you also have blake meade that is a all around player.
They also have a kid that is 6'3 that is agresive inside which is kyle Hall. Prestonsburg has something to look forword to at Prestonsburg high school, And Coach Jack Crisp has a bright Basketball furture to look forword to at PHS!
Where did they play at last year, I havent heard of any of those two players.
Blake is my cousin and he can ball, He will forsure give Pburg some good minutes if given the chance
Jody Tackett will also give Prestonsburg some good mins if they give blake and him a chance
when i saw the schedule for next season it looks like one they have every year , They play a good hazard team and they play in a tournament In Frankfort.

I see them winning 17 games next season. Maybe even win the 58th.
First off, Nick McGuire will be playing this year, and there is NO WAY Trevor Patton will receive playing time over Nick... the line-up will be:
PG- Michael Stephens
SG- Brooks Herrick
SF- Sean Leslie
PF- Nick McGuire
C- Lewis Barnette
Prestonsburg will definitely be one of the top 2 teams in the 58th again this season, the other I believe will be Betsy Layne.
Patton doesnt have the strength, experience or coordination to start in front of barnette in the 5 spot. the starting 5 will be IMO,
1. M. Stephens
2. B. Herrick
3. L. Slone or B. Peters
4. S. Leslie
5. L. Barnette
Jody Tackett? Didn't he go back to SF? As for spiker_chic you really need to get your head out of the clouds... I don't see them doing much of anyhting this year. All of their luck ran out last year with winnning Distircts. I look for P-burg to be pretty good... they usually are...I'll be at some games this year for sure!
South Floyd will be lucky to win 5 games next year. They were lucky last year when they won the All "A" and the 58th again. Luck will finally run out on them.
Prestonsburg will be strong, IMO #1 in the 58th.