Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 77 Magoffin County 38
BUNDY Wrote:Neil West would have sit them.

Unless, your Mr. West and I'm guessing your not, you havent any clue as to what your even talking about.
BUNDY Wrote:One more thing, the boys have 2 paid assistants, same as the girls. The boys team just has more volunteers helping with thier program. So how can you blame the Superintendent, School board, and the Principal for the fact that no one wants to help the girls program.

Why do you keep posting incorrect information???

Don't worry about the girls. Stick to the boys. If it pains you so much to watch the girls stay home.

I just can't understand you. NOBODY begs you to watch any ball games.

And if you have a problem with someone, go talk to them like a man! Don't get on here and degrade a bunch of kids who are trying; with your incorrect/false information by telling them how bad they are and that nobody wants to be a part of them!
BUNDY Wrote:Neil West would have sit them.

He never did sit Ashley, from the time she was a 7th grader.
I think a healthy hornet team will be a bunch with revenge on their mind in 08-09
ashley play allot V as 7th grader & big role in 06 regional team
Blame it on who ever you want to.

And while your at it, blame it on the Superintendent, School Board and the Principal too, for not allowing the girls team to have more coaching positions, in order to develop the younger talent. The boys have more coaches. Kind of like a Title 9 violation, now that I think about.

But be real! I guess that he was suposed to sit the best and most sucessful basketball players (boys or girls, they were the best) to ever come through the school system.

Ashley Howard, Michaela Howard and Brittany Manns, are the all time leading scorers at Magoffin County High School.

Sit them? Name one coach who would have!

The AD of the High School should make sure that everyone is getting thesame treatment. They are the person that supervised the sports and reports back to the others.....prin,board,super
Tricky Wrote:Blame it on who ever you want to.

And while your at it, blame it on the Superintendent, School Board and the Principal too, for not allowing the girls team to have more coaching positions, in order to develop the younger talent. The boys have more coaches. Kind of like a Title 9 violation, now that I think about.

But be real! I guess that he was suposed to sit the best and most sucessful basketball players (boys or girls, they were the best) to ever come through the school system.

Ashley Howard, Michaela Howard and Brittany Manns, are the all time leading scorers at Magoffin County High School.

What coach would have sat them? Plenty would have. I mean you sit here and beat teams by 20+ all the time the bench should play the whole fourth quarter. This year people were expected to play and score when they were use to playing the last minute or two because Pup wouldn't sit Ashley and them. There is no excuse from going 28-4 to going 10-20. I mean Those 3 players were great players but this years team should have done way better than that. So if there is ANYONE to blame its the coaches.
Congrats JC and Coach Wireman on your victory. Coach Wireman has an outstanding program. As far as Magoffin County good effort....this years team showed inexperience which was expected. This loss was not the players fault. The coaches should have played the younger players last year when they were up by 20+ 30+ 40+ nearly every single game. This years team suffered the consequences because of their coaches poor judgement and selfishness.
BillyMadison Wrote:As far as Magoffin County good effort....this years team showed inexperience which was expected. This loss was not the players fault. The coaches should have played the younger players last year when they were up by 20+ 30+ 40+ nearly every single game. This years team suffered the consequences because of their coaches poor judgement and selfishness.

Excellent post. Couldn't have said it better myself. :Thumbs:
MC #1 Wrote:Blame it on who ever you want to.

The AD of the High School should make sure that everyone is getting thesame treatment. They are the person that supervised the sports and reports back to the others.....prin,board,super
He is paying for it now. I'm with the rest, he should have let the younger girls get some experience during those big leads. It's honorable to take up for your schools coach, but you gotta see that he messed up by not playing the others. This year proves it.
BillyMadison Wrote:Congrats JC and Coach Wireman on your victory. Coach Wireman has an outstanding program. As far as Magoffin County good effort....this years team showed inexperience which was expected. This loss was not the players fault. The coaches should have played the younger players last year when they were up by 20+ 30+ 40+ nearly every single game. This years team suffered the consequences because of their coaches poor judgement and selfishness.

I agree. Great Post
Looking at last season's results...Magoffin only had 9 regular season wins of 20+ points. If you're up 30 or more, then yeah you can let your bench take care of most or all of the 4th quarter. But if you're only winning by 20 points you wont find a coach in their right mind that willl turn the game over to their JV team with any less than 4 minutes left on the clock. And if you think that little bit of playing time would've made THAT much of a difference in the way they played this year, you're delusional.

You people act like they won every game by 40 or more.
:letsparty
ocho cinco Wrote:Looking at last season's results...Magoffin only had 9 regular season wins of 20+ points. If you're up 30 or more, then yeah you can let your bench take care of most or all of the 4th quarter. But if you're only winning by 20 points you wont find a coach in their right mind that willl turn the game over to their JV team with any less than 4 minutes left on the clock. And if you think that little bit of playing time would've made THAT much of a difference in the way they played this year, you're delusional.

You people act like they won every game by 40 or more.

Good post
I believe this thread has run its course. CLOSED
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]