Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Betsy Layne 56 - Prestonsburg 54 - 58th District Tournament
BeaverCreek Connection Wrote:You've got to be kidding......he is calling the girls sweet sixteen? That should be a riot.
Nah, that's the word I got about 2 o'clock today.
Not that I agree with ya, but funny comment, tho, about being a riot. Smile
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BigBlueNation Wrote:Listen, this referee is one of the best referees in this region. He was selected to call the girls state tournament because he is deserving of the accomplishment. Having said that, I know this official personally and I know that if you asked him about the call, he would be the first to tell you that he made a terrible call and would change it if he could. I know this is of no consolation to the ladies of Prestonsburg, but they did a great job and should have been able to decide this game in OT!

Don't know him personally, but I would agree with this post
BigBlueNation Wrote:Listen, this referee is one of the best referees in this region. He was selected to call the girls state tournament because he is deserving of the accomplishment. Having said that, I know this official personally and I know that if you asked him about the call, he would be the first to tell you that he made a terrible call and would change it if he could. I know this is of no consolation to the ladies of Prestonsburg, but they did a great job and should have been able to decide this game in OT!

I respect your opinion, but I totally disagree. I am not just basing my opinion on this one call; but watching him over the years. I know every official makes bad calls, but this one ended some senior girls high school career. If he knew it was a bad call then he should have waived the call for a inavertant whistle and let the girls decide the game in ot. Just my opinion
Ring'Em Up Wrote:Nah, that's the word I got about 2 o'clock today.
Not that I agree with ya, but funny comment, tho, about being a riot. Smile

Unfortunately, I was not trying to be funny....:p

This ref is terrible period. I have seen him call games and kids get knocked silly and no call and for him to call a foul when he did it makes no sense. He may be a friend of some of you but he is still a terrible ref. I know I have seen him ref 15-20 games this year alone and it seems like he is always involved in some terrible calls but none as bad as this one. You say he would change it if he could well that really doesn't help these girls who played their heart out just to have this sorry excuse of a ref take the game away from them.
So who was the ref?
I know him and to think that he is considered to be one of the 15th's best offficials. WOW!
In my opinion he gets distracted too easily by the fans and coaches. In other words, he has thin skin.