Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top Players in 15th 08-09
Michael Boyd Thompson (Pike Central) and if they are given a chance to play Dalton Meade and Corey Tackett (Pike Central).
Is there any young upcoming players for pikeville that will get any playing time this year?
More Cowbell Wrote:Gatlin is a good player, but better than Elisha? Come on now.

You can't just compare points totals to say that Gatlin was the better player in their meetings. For one thing there are so many other aspects to a player's game than scoring, such as assists, defense, and floor leadership. And anyone who has seen Valley play would know that Elisha excels in all these areas, more so than anyone else in the region this upcoming year.

Could Elisha score 20 points a game? Sure he could, he's got a nice outside shot and is very quick. But Valley doesn't need him to, they have other good players who can score as well, and part of what makes Elisha so great is helping those other players to get theirs.

Bottom line, if Gatlin plays this year (and hopefully he will), he may outscore Elisha every time they play each other. But that still won't make him the better player.

I agree they're both great players, but that first stat did compare defense. Clark did an outstanding job guarding Justice, and he would guard the other teams best player everygame. When he quit the Panthers went eith 1-6 or 2-6, which i think really shows they needed him more than anyone thought. Justice is surronded by some much talent, it makes him look unbeleviable. Dont get me wrong because he is an outstanding player who will have an outstanding future, but I just think that considiring their situation and what they had to play with, Gatlin was the better player and more valuable to his team. But again i think both players are tremondous athletes and basketball players, and either one could win the MVP of the 15th region. Good Luck to both you men.
MaroonMonsoon77 Wrote:I agree they're both great players, but that first stat did compare defense. Clark did an outstanding job guarding Justice, and he would guard the other teams best player everygame. When he quit the Panthers went eith 1-6 or 2-6, which i think really shows they needed him more than anyone thought. Justice is surronded by some much talent, it makes him look unbeleviable. Dont get me wrong because he is an outstanding player who will have an outstanding future, but I just think that considiring their situation and what they had to play with, Gatlin was the better player and more valuable to his team. But again i think both players are tremondous athletes and basketball players, and either one could win the MVP of the 15th region. Good Luck to both you men.
I have nothing against Clark but to compare him with Justice is not even a contest. In Justice you are talking about (arguably) the best player in the 15th region over the past two seasons and he still has two seasons to go. Clark started a lot of games last season and played well, but quit his team at crunch time. There is no comparison at this point. Maybe this time next year you might have an argument if he returns to Pikeville's team.
Logan Crowder Allen Central
MaroonMonsoon77 Wrote:I agree they're both great players, but that first stat did compare defense. Clark did an outstanding job guarding Justice, and he would guard the other teams best player everygame. When he quit the Panthers went eith 1-6 or 2-6, which i think really shows they needed him more than anyone thought. Justice is surronded by some much talent, it makes him look unbeleviable. Dont get me wrong because he is an outstanding player who will have an outstanding future, but I just think that considiring their situation and what they had to play with, Gatlin was the better player and more valuable to his team. But again i think both players are tremondous athletes and basketball players, and either one could win the MVP of the 15th region. Good Luck to both you men.

i seriously can't believe what I am reading. The boy frekaing quit on his team. DO NOT compare this boy to Elisha. Elisha has been carrying this team since his 8th grade season, and he has not let up on them once. Elisha was top 2 in the region as far as talent, no one even brought up Clark, why? Don't quit, give some other people the ball when you're on the floor, and then we'll talk about you being compared to Elisha.

Everyone in this area knows Elisha is a rare talent. I mean come on, freaking Billy Donovan is attending one of his games in Florida and will be teaching him at the basketball camp. There is not a comparison between these two players, flat line.
PC_You_Know Wrote:i seriously can't believe what I am reading. The boy frekaing quit on his team. DO NOT compare this boy to Elisha. Elisha has been carrying this team since his 8th grade season, and he has not let up on them once. Elisha was top 2 in the region as far as talent, no one even brought up Clark, why? Don't quit, give some other people the ball when you're on the floor, and then we'll talk about you being compared to Elisha.

Everyone in this area knows Elisha is a rare talent. I mean come on, freaking Billy Donovan is attending one of his games in Florida and will be teaching him at the basketball camp. There is not a comparison between these two players, flat line.

I was giving my honest opinion of these two players, and who are you to question gatlin for quitting the team. I will tell you right now it was not his fault for leaving the team, and anyone in his situation should of quit also. Billy Donovan will be attending many games in the Flordia tourny, and one player does not make the team so he is defenitly not there to just watch Elisha. But again I love to watch both these kids play, but just in my opinion i would take gatlin. If gatlin wasnt in pikeville's system and was allowed to take over a game he would be getting a lot more talk. But Elisha has been in the mainstream with AAU and with Valley playing in big touny's. Gatlin has so much raw talent, but he is not allowed to really express it at Pikeville, but Elisha is in the perfect situation for his skill set. By no means am i degrading Mr. Justice becuase he was arguably the second best player in the 15th last year, i just think gatlin is a better player. Maybe im wrong and I take scoring into account too much, but only time will tell. I hope both young me have a great future in basketball and represent EKY the best the can.
Where did Gatlin play MS ball at?
Pikeville
MaroonMonsoon77 Wrote:Pikeville

What grade will he be in next year?
Junior
Both are very good but their are other players in the region that need to be recognized as well.
True Dat G-Train
PC_You_Know Wrote:i seriously can't believe what I am reading. The boy frekaing quit on his team. DO NOT compare this boy to Elisha. Elisha has been carrying this team since his 8th grade season, and he has not let up on them once. Elisha was top 2 in the region as far as talent, no one even brought up Clark, why? Don't quit, give some other people the ball when you're on the floor, and then we'll talk about you being compared to Elisha.

Ok, I believe Elisha is he better player, but don't slam a guy for something he doesn't do. Gatlin is by far the best passer Pikeville has. Without him last year Adam's wouldn't have had nearly as many points. Gatlin is as unselfish as it gets on the basketball court, I know as a Panther fan I wish he would have shot the ball more.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Ok, I believe Elisha is he better player, but don't slam a guy for something he doesn't do. Gatlin is by far the best passer Pikeville has. Without him last year Adam's wouldn't have had nearly as many points. Gatlin is as unselfish as it gets on the basketball court, I know as a Panther fan I wish he would have shot the ball more.

Well then someone is wrong, because from you and someone else I have heard how he scores way more than Elisha and now I have you saying he is the most unselfish person on the team.
1.) It doesn't take a lot to be the most unselfish person.
2.) It is a relative term.
3.) Just because you score more than someone doesn't make you a ball-hog, it just happens to be that Gatling is called upon to score more to help Pikeville than Elisha is to help SV.

I don't agree with you, and I hardly think it was Pikeville's defense that kept Elisha from scoring 20 points when they played. That's not a knock on Gatlin Clark's skills as a defender, but the fact is that Elisha usually does not look to score a ton of points. Rather, he is a classic point guard, always looking to get others involved and to be the team leader.

I also don't think the fact that Pikeville fell apart after Clark quit shows that he is invaluable to the team. In my opinion, that would have happened regardless if it was him or any other Pikeville starter, because when a team is forced to adjust to the loss of a key player that late in the season, it will usually affect them significantly.

But can you imagine what the loss of Elisha Justice would do to Shelby Valley? Yikes, I don't want to even imagine. Talk about a team losing their heart and soul...
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:I don't agree with you, and I hardly think it was Pikeville's defense that kept Elisha from scoring 20 points when they played. That's not a knock on Gatlin Clark's skills as a defender, but the fact is that Elisha usually does not look to score a ton of points. Rather, he is a classic point guard, always looking to get others involved and to be the team leader.

I also don't think the fact that Pikeville fell apart after Clark quit shows that he is invaluable to the team. In my opinion, that would have happened regardless if it was him or any other Pikeville starter, because when a team is forced to adjust to the loss of a key player that late in the season, it will usually affect them significantly.

But can you imagine what the loss of Elisha Justice would do to Shelby Valley? Yikes, I don't want to even imagine. Talk about a team losing their heart and soul...

No im pretty sure that it was Clark's defense because it didnt happen in just one game agaisnt valley, it was every game, and it also happened to the other players in which Clark guarded from other teams. Clark was much more important to the Panthers than you would think. Other than givng quality minutes, and points, he also broght emotion to the Panthers along with Tim Honaker. Both of them really fired the team up. But you made some great points, I really started to believe you haha Smile
I really hope that statement doesnt come back to bite me in the butt. haha, elisha is gettin a ton of attention from colleges and i wish the best for him
I believe That Porter and Horn for Sheldon Clark will be pretty good next year. Ive also watched the Chapman boy play and he has been looking pretty good. Sheldon Clark should be alright next season, if they work their tails off in the off-season
Top player in each dist.

57th- Ian Welch
58th- Logan Crowder
Super District- Elisha Justice

Others...

57th- ???
58th- Josh Prater(AC), Josh Head(BL), Michael Burchett(P-Burg)
Super Dist.- Deven Adams(Pikeville), Matt Clevenger(Pikeville), Ashley Hatfield(SV)

Top 5
Region

1. Elisha Justice(SV)- I think almost everyone would agree..
2. Deven Adams(Pikeville)- 6'10, Todd May's Protege, A few triple-doubles last seas.
3. Ashley Hatfield(SV)- 6'5 Swingman/Slasher, Inside/Outside Combo
4. Matt Clevenger(Pikeville)- Look for a strong senior season from him..
5. Logan Crowder(AC)- Had a breakout Sophomore season..
Rumor is Josh Prater is not playing next year.
I don't think Prater is playing.
Black_Rebel23 Wrote:Rumor is Josh Prater is not playing next year.

Why wouldn't he?
1)Elisha Justice - Shelby Valley
2)Ashley Hatfield - Shelby Valley
3)Deven Adams-Pikeville
4)Michael Burchett-Prestonsburg
5)Ian Welch-Johnson Central
6)Logan Crowder-Allen Central
7)Logan Bryant-Shelby Valley
8.)Tyler Newsome-Shelby Valley
9.)Jonathan Shepard-Magoffin
10)Jordan Hairston-Belfry
11)Matt Clevenger-Pikeville
I agree, he could be a very good player, but first lets see if the attitude is any better.....