Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pittsburgh 27 - Arizona 23 (Super Bowl)
Stardust Wrote:It was not going to make a difference, but after all the whistles of the game, why did we not get one after the TD by Holmes?

The "Chad Johnson" Excessive Celebration rule is clear on it's use of the football as a prop. When Holmes did the "salt shaker" routine using the ball, that is a 15 yarder which would have forced the kickoff from the 15, putting the Cards at near the 50 to start the final drive.

PC_You_Know Wrote:Correctly, he was doing the Lebron chalk toss, if anyone cares, but he still should have got the 15.

It was reported this morning that the NFL's Vice President of officiating Mike Pereira the refs missed this call and it should have been a Penalty.
Stardust Wrote:It was not going to make a difference, but after all the whistles of the game, why did we not get one after the TD by Holmes?

The "Chad Johnson" Excessive Celebration rule is clear on it's use of the football as a prop. When Holmes did the "salt shaker" routine using the ball, that is a 15 yarder which would have forced the kickoff from the 15, putting the Cards at near the 50 to start the final drive.

Yesterday, the NFL fined Holmes $10,000 for the excessive celebration after reviewing it. Little too late, but make it a 15 yard penalty, and the Cards are not trying to throw a Hail Mary at the end of the game.

I know, I know, stop the crying :flush:
Stardust Wrote:Yesterday, the NFL fined Holmes $10,000 for the excessive celebration after reviewing it. Little too late, but make it a 15 yard penalty, and the Cards are not trying to throw a Hail Mary at the end of the game.

I know, I know, stop the crying :flush:
:Sad04: :Sad04: :Sad04:

....Three weeks later the whining continues. GO STEELERS!!!
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote::Sad04: :Sad04: :Sad04:

....Three weeks later the whining continues. GO STEELERS!!!

Intersting as to why it took the NFL three weeks later to get the call right :please: