Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who are some of the best to coach in the 15th ?.
Give me your list.:Cheerlead
ballcrazy Wrote:Give me your list.:Cheerlead

That would be all time.
these are mine

Rodney Rowe

Bobby Spears

Tammy Tussey

and the future is Gary Fields, Amanda Collins Stiltner
nature boy Wrote:these are mine

Rodney Rowe

Bobby Spears

Tammy Tussey

and the future is Gary Fields, Amanda Collins Stiltner

Stiltner no longer coaches.
Stiltner will coach again somewhere.
Wouldn't you have to include Coach Wireman? (The Johnson Central Coach who retired from coaching last year.) When I was listening to the radio one night, I heard he would be considered one of the best coaches ever in the state.
Rodney Rowe, Coach Rice, Pup.
Deathstar 80 Wrote:Wouldn't you have to include Coach Wireman? (The Johnson Central Coach who retired from coaching last year.) When I was listening to the radio one night, I heard he would be considered one of the best coaches ever in the state.

sorry i can't believe i left him out he was a great coach.
Pup is a good to.
You will not find a better man or coach than Coach Wireman at JC!!!! :worthy:
wow your all leaving a couple of greats out...

Tussey
Gannon
Wiremann
Pup
Cindy Halbert
Cassandra Akers

Getting there coaches:

J.R Vanhoose
Rice (a climbing star)
Rowe (he would be towards the bottom of my list as greats in girls but no doubt one of the best boys of all time)
Tammy tussey Phillip wireman
Rowe
Wireman
Tussey
I would have to agree with you, Coach Wireman is and was one or the best coach in the state.
The ones with the most district, regional & All A titles are:

Phillip Wireman
Robin Harmon Newsome
Cassandra Akers
Cindy Stuart (not mariied to Halbert anymore)

Tammy Tussey would be in the next tier, Ronita Compton, Judy Eversole, Bobby Spears, Paul Dotson in the old days at Belfry. Rodney Rowe hasn't won that much in girls, mostly boys. BJ Elswick & Ron Preece. I remember the region since 1975, some of you guys just think about the last 5 or 6 years. Stuart is the only one of those 3 left and she has started from nothing and built twice. Imagine if she had stayed at Belfry and never moved to Floyd when she got married...........
Coach Wireman definitely has to me on this list. Just think, he also coached other sports than just girl's basketball.
Rodney Rowe
Bobby Spears is in the record books for his career wins during his time coaching at Dorton and Shelby Valley but I can honestly say that I was not impressed with him during his time at East Ridge. I cannot say that as a player, only as a fan, but what I saw from him did not give me confidence in his coaching during his time at that school. Maybe he enjoyed his reign in his Shelby Valley years and decided to take it easier to ride out his coaching career but he was really nonchalant at games, even during times that he should have been questioning calls as he always loved to do.
Nobody mentions Butcher and he's one of three coaches to lead a girls' team to the Final 4 of the Sweet 16.
thetribe Wrote:Bobby Spears is in the record books for his career wins during his time coaching at Dorton and Shelby Valley but I can honestly say that I was not impressed with him during his time at East Ridge. I cannot say that as a player, only as a fan, but what I saw from him did not give me confidence in his coaching during his time at that school. Maybe he enjoyed his reign in his Shelby Valley years and decided to take it easier to ride out his coaching career but he was really nonchalant at games, even during times that he should have been questioning calls as he always loved to do.

maybe you were not impressed with bobby spears because he was not allowed to coach the way he always coached before, but, until someone tops it, he was the coach at the smallest school in the 15th region for 10 years (dorton) , then went on to shelby valley and when he retired in early 2000's, he was the 15th winning coach of alltime in kentucky. now, he did not do that by not impressing anyone. maybe things were a little different at east ridge, maybe he will tell us someday. i was at shelby valley when he was there and he was quite impressive, but more so at dorton because there were not many children in that school and he did very well. yes, he was very firey at that time, but things have changed and he was given no more chance than anyone else at er. afterall, he was there 2 years and that is the longest a coach has ever made it at east ridge. even their new coach got run off before just as spears did. they will not leave anyone alone long enough to build a program. and one more thing, coach spears never had a class a title because when he began coaching, there was no class a tournament. some of his dorton teams who were truly class a teams would have very possibly won a state title. i know i sound like a bobby spears fan and yes i was because he use to coach at shelby valley and i do not spend all my time trying to put him down becasue he is not there anymore. i will give anyone their dues and i say again, until someone takes over as the winningest coach in 15th region history, i rank him up there with the best.