Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland Kittens Preseason number one in Cats Pause
I think you'll see a handful of the eight graders from Verity move up and play this year. Most will probably be on the freshman team, but one or two might go to JV.

The eighth grade girls that played freshman ball last year will now be true freshmen.

Jordan Rose and Allison Roark just switched to Boyd County, and will now be playing for Pete Fraley.
American Dream Wrote:East Carter didn't play in the Aries league this year.

They played at least one game; I saw them play Rowan. Try again.
Squid Wrote:I think you'll see a handful of the eight graders from Verity move up and play this year. Most will probably be on the freshman team, but one or two might go to JV.

The eighth grade girls that played freshman ball last year will now be true freshmen.

Jordan Rose and Allison Roark just switched to Boyd County, and will now be playing for Pete Fraley.

I don't think Verity has any kids that could come up and help on the JV squad IMO. Does anyone know why Jordan Rose and Allison Roark left Ashland?
OORAH Wrote:I don't think Verity has any kids that could come up and help on the JV squad IMO. Does anyone know why Jordan Rose and Allison Roark left Ashland?

I'm not really certain that the eighth graders will necessarily help the JV team, but I think that the idea is that playing on the JV team can help them. Not all of them, mind you, but one or two.

As for Roark and Rose, I can't really speak for them, but it is probably an effort to get more floor time.
Squid Wrote:I'm not really certain that the eighth graders will necessarily help the JV team, but I think that the idea is that playing on the JV team can help them. Not all of them, mind you, but one or two.

As for Roark and Rose, I can't really speak for them, but it is probably an effort to get more floor time.

The two girls that could actually help the JV squad would be Justice and Vanover IMO, however they will have plently of time to do so. No need to rush anyone up. The Kittens program is good shape for years.
AshlandFan Wrote:The two girls that could actually help the JV squad would be Justice and Vanover IMO, however they will have plently of time to do so. No need to rush anyone up. The Kittens program is good shape for years.

I can't comment on Vanover, but Justice is an albatross inside. I don't think either of them should (or necessarily will) start for the JV, but I'd play them up and see how they react to the more physical play.

Just my .02 worth.
OORAH Wrote:I don't think Verity has any kids that could come up and help on the JV squad IMO. Does anyone know why Jordan Rose and Allison Roark left Ashland?

they always bring some talent up, even if its just for experience next year
hamburgler606 Wrote:they always bring some talent up, even if its just for experience next year

Agree, bringing up a couple up kids for JV can help these kids out. They go up against bigger and stronger kids in practice and in ball games. This is great experience for them IMO.
I agree that it is Rowan County til they are dethrowned but I believe it will be Ashland or East Carter this year and possibly next serval years.