Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clark County 74 Holmes 60 (scrimmage)
Stardust Wrote:Should dominate the 10th region this year. Mason Co (without Pawsatt) and Scott are not in GRC's league this year. Campbell County has lost two of their best players. Montgomery and Brossart are both down. As long as GRC stay's healthy, they should have a nice run to Rupp.

IF Pawsat plays any this year (which is very doubtful), Mason would be the only team to have a real shot. Scott came close the last 2 years, but doesn't have the horses this year.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Clark Co did a nice job adjusting to the waves of players that Henley was throwing at them throughout the game, especially at the end of the first half and beginning of the second half.

The one thing I could see them having trouble with though is players who have size and can play both inside and out like Pittman. Both Purvis and Zollo struggled against him on both ends of the floor.

Not what I am hearing. How many points did Pitman have in the first half?
Gold Charger Wrote:Not what I am hearing. How many points did Pitman have in the first half?

Not quite sure to be honest.

All I know is he finished with 21 and didn't play the last 3 minutes or so of the game because of a scuffle between he and Zollo after a dunk by Pittman.

Zollo struggled to guard Pittman out on the perimeter and had a few shots blocked offensively. Vinny did show some nice moves down low though at times. I'm sure we both know who to thank for that Wink

I'm not saying that both struggled the whole game, but the majority would agree that Pittman was the best big man out there and both had trouble guarding him at times during the game. I doubt either have been dunked on too many times the way Pittman did to them.
[quote=kywldcat01]Not quite sure to be honest.

All I know is he finished with 21 and didn't play the last 3 minutes or so of the game because of a scuffle between he and Zollo after a dunk by Pittman.

Zollo struggled to guard Pittman out on the perimeter and had a few shots blocked offensively. Vinny did show some nice moves down low though at times. I'm sure we both know who to thank for that Wink

I'm not saying that both struggled the whole game, but the majority would agree that Pittman was the best big man out there and both had trouble guarding him at times during the game. I doubt either have been dunked on too many times the way Pittman did to them.[/QUOTE]

I was told that he didn't have any points first half. Dosn't sound like either Zollo or Purvis struggled to guard him...in the first half anyways.

Dunking dosn't always impress me. Give me a kid that play hard nose defense and at the high school level, I will take that every time. One that rebounds, steals and assists. You win more with those stats than a dunk or two.
Zollo Has Gotten Big Over The Summer
Gold Charger Wrote:I was told that he didn't have any points first half. Dosn't sound like either Zollo or Purvis struggled to guard him...in the first half anyways.

Dunking dosn't always impress me. Give me a kid that play hard nose defense and at the high school level, I will take that every time. One that rebounds, steals and assists. You win more with those stats than a dunk or two.

I'm fairly confident that Pittman scored in the first half. Not sure who told you otherwise, but they want to re check because Pittman had 2 dunks in the first half and was also fouled and got to the line several times as well. Matter of fact, one of the times he got to the line was on a missed dunk over Corey Rogers.

I agree with the bolded though...was just trying to state that Pittman's athleticism gave them some fits at times throughout the game. He finished with 21 points and 7 or 8 rebounds.
Peacedomes85 Wrote:Zollo Has Gotten Big Over The Summer

He's always been big. He definetly added some muscle though over the summer. He looks a lot bigger than when I saw him last year in the region championship at NKU.
kywldcat01 Wrote:He's always been big. He definetly added some muscle though over the summer. He looks a lot bigger than when I saw him last year in the region championship at NKU.

Ok He Has Gotten Bigger...It Will Make Him A Better Ball Player
Peacedomes85 Wrote:Zollo Has Gotten Big Over The Summer

Yes he has. His work ethic is unbelievabe for a high school player. He would run and lift weights all summer. Beside working on certain area of his game and playing with the Indina Elite AAU team.

Purvis and Daniels have grown taller this summer too. At times we will have a line up of 6'4,6'4,6'7,6'8,6'9. That is taller than some college line ups.
kywldcat01 Wrote:I'm fairly confident that Pittman scored in the first half. Not sure who told you otherwise, but they want to re check because Pittman had 2 dunks in the first half and was also fouled and got to the line several times as well. Matter of fact, one of the times he got to the line was on a missed dunk over Corey Rogers.

I agree with the bolded though...was just trying to state that Pittman's athleticism gave them some fits at times throughout the game. He finished with 21 points and 7 or 8 rebounds.

It was a text so the #'s could have been put in wrong. That is why I asked before I posted anything.

We had kids that dunked in the Holmes scrimmage, Stenzel and Daniels, I know for sure, but like I said that really dosn't impress me. Don't think I have ever posted about our kids dunking.
Do you have the rebounds and other stats for GRC? Would love to see those.
Gold Charger Wrote:It was a text so the #'s could have been put in wrong. That is why I asked before I posted anything.

We had kids that dunked in the Holmes scrimmage, Stenzel and Daniels, I know for sure, but like I said that really dosn't impress me. Don't think I have ever posted about our kids dunking.
Do you have the rebounds and other stats for GRC? Would love to see those.

Unfortunately I don't. The only thing I got after the game was the point totals of the GRC players.

Purvis, Zollo, and Daniels all had atleast 5 boards though.
Interesting to see Holmes get beat, even though it was just a scrimmage. No matter what though, Holmes will get everyone's A game and they know it.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Unfortunately I don't. The only thing I got after the game was the point totals of the GRC players.

Purvis, Zollo, and Daniels all had atleast 5 boards though.

That is a very low estimeate, I believe they are higher than that .
Gold Charger Wrote:That is a very low estimeate, I believe they are higher than that .

That was just low balling it. I honestly have no idea. I told you all 3 rebounded very well though so I'm sure the numbers are higher. All three were probably close to a double double.

BTW, I can't believe what some of the people are saying on "the other site" about Holmes.

Henley uses 10 different guys THE WHOLE GAME and plays 2 1/2 quarters without Ricardo Johnson and the last 4 minutes without Elijah Pittman and all of sudden Holmes isn't as good as advertised because of one scrimmage? :please:

Look at Clark Co last year without Purvis. One player makes a big difference at the high school level.

I realize the Dogs have a bullseye on their back and are going to get everyone's best shot but if people really think the Holmes team they saw Satruday is the same one they'll see when the regular season starts, they're sadly mistaken.

Can't wait for the season to start so the boys can prove all these doubters wrong on the court.
kywldcat01 Wrote:That was just low balling it. I honestly have no idea. I told you all 3 rebounded very well though so I'm sure the numbers are higher. All three were probably close to a double double.

BTW, I can't believe what some of the people are saying on "the other site" about Holmes.

Henley uses 10 different guys THE WHOLE GAME and plays 2 1/2 quarters without Ricardo Johnson and the last 4 minutes without Elijah Pittman and all of sudden Holmes isn't as good as advertised because of one scrimmage? :please:

Look at Clark Co last year without Purvis. One player makes a big difference at the high school level.

I realize the Dogs have a bullseye on their back and are going to get everyone's best shot but if people really think the Holmes team they saw Satruday is the same one they'll see when the regular season starts, they're sadly mistaken.

Can't wait for the season to start so the boys can prove all these doubters wrong on the court.

I agree! two fold. lol
kywldcat01 Wrote:That was just low balling it. I honestly have no idea. I told you all 3 rebounded very well though so I'm sure the numbers are higher. All three were probably close to a double double.

I said that all last year, but it fell on deft ears.
Gold Charger Wrote:I said that all last year, but it fell on deft ears.

This guy believed you and was one of the few backing your statements.

Can't wait for the season to start.

I have a feeling Holmes will be proving alot of those doubters on that other site wrong.
kywldcat01 Wrote:This guy believed you and was one of the few backing your statements.

Can't wait for the season to start.

I have a feeling Holmes will be proving alot of those doubters on that other site wrong.

I Cant Wait Either

And Agreed