Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Boise State
17.65%
Texas Christian
82.35%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boise St. vs. TCU (Tostitos Fiesta Bowl ) 1/4
thoughts?
The BCS is at it again. They were probably wondering how they could put both of these teams in a BCS bowl without them shaking things up and beating one of the "chosen ones." Then the lightbulb came on in their feeble minds and they realized they could have them play each other so they wouldn't have a chance to beat one of the "chosen ones." It is time to go to a playoff system and end this ridiculous crap.
You know what the sad part is, early in the season Boise St. sent an open letter to all major football teams in the country to try and get a game. The "chosen ones" did not reply because they were afraid they would be the next Oklahoma. Boise St. offered to play on the road with no home date and got nothing. The BCS could have made the "chosen ones" put up or shut up and placed them in a bowl against Boise St. or TCU.
Should be a good matchup, but I would have honestly like to have seen TCU face Florida and Boise face Cincy.

As for the game, I'll take the Frogs by 10 points.
I think TCU and Boise could have won those two matchups as well. Probably wouldn't have but I think they would have certainly made a game of them both. I've said it before take the top eight teams and the top eight SEC teams and lets have a 16 team playoff. That would be pretty fair and give everyone a chance.
Mark 11:23 "For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this MOUNTAIN, `Be removed and be cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will come to pass, he will have whatever he says. NKJ
I'm going to go with TCU in this one by 10 points. But, i would have liked to have seen thesetwo non-BCS teams play against BCS teams to see how they'd fare!
big orange T Wrote:You know what the sad part is, early in the season Boise St. sent an open letter to all major football teams in the country to try and get a game. The "chosen ones" did not reply because they were afraid they would be the next Oklahoma. Boise St. offered to play on the road with no home date and got nothing. The BCS could have made the "chosen ones" put up or shut up and placed them in a bowl against Boise St. or TCU.

Link?
I think both these schools should have gotton a chance at a team from a BCS conferance.
We despartely need a playoff system. Top 8 teams? 16?
TCU by 20
It should have been:
Fiesta Bowl- Boise State vs. Iowa
Orange Bowl- Georgia Tech vs. TCU
this match up also gave the BCS a way of getting rid of another undefeated team. This game will probably be one of the lower TV rated games of the Bowl Season. It would have been interesting to see them matched up against one of the power conference teams
Boise St by 7!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
nky Wrote:this match up also gave the BCS a way of getting rid of another undefeated team. This game will probably be one of the lower TV rated games of the Bowl Season. It would have been interesting to see them matched up against one of the power conference teams

I'm not so sure about that. This is a curiosity game. Everyone across the nation has heard the plight of the WAC teams, but none of us have seen them play. Since this game will be on against no other games, I beleive there may be more people that watch this than any of the BCS games besides the National championship. I don't see this being a flop in the ratings.
Stardust Wrote:I'm not so sure about that. This is a curiosity game. Everyone across the nation has heard the plight of the WAC teams, but none of us have seen them play. Since this game will be on against no other games, I beleive there may be more people that watch this than any of the BCS games besides the National championship. I don't see this being a flop in the ratings.
I would 10X rather watch this game over GTech vs. Iowa and Oregon vs. Ohio State.

The Tebow Final Game vs. Undefeated UC peaks my interest only slightly more, and the NC is a no brainer.
i'll take Boise St by 9
Agreed. This is a shame. The BCS clowns did this so that one of them would have to have a loss. If they had put them versus other "automatic qualifiers" (which neither of these schools are) and they had both won to finish their seasons undefeated, respectively, it would have created another uproar for the BCS to be scrapped.

Weasels.........

The BCS is a sham.......

Oh yeah, TCU wins a close one.
Probably already been said, but I think the BCS should have put these two teams up against another BCS team.
I think TCU will win would of like to see TCU and Cincy in the Fiesta and Boise and Florida in the sugar though could've been 3VS.4 that way but the BCS didnt want 2 non BCS con. schools to go undefeated so thats what we have
TCU-42
Broncos-28
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I really like this BCS match-up. It will be like the non-BCS school national champioship. TCU will win again, but it will be close.

31-28 TCU
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I would 10X rather watch this game over GTech vs. Iowa and Oregon vs. Ohio State.

The Tebow Final Game vs. Undefeated UC peaks my interest only slightly more, and the NC is a no brainer.

Ditto
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I would 10X rather watch this game over GTech vs. Iowa and Oregon vs. Ohio State.

FF40212 Wrote:Agreed. This is a shame. The BCS clowns did this so that one of them would have to have a loss. If they had put them versus other "automatic qualifiers" (which neither of these schools are) and they had both won to finish their seasons undefeated, respectively, it would have created another uproar for the BCS to be scrapped.

Weasels.........

The BCS is a sham.......

Oh yeah, TCU wins a close one.

LOL - Good post:Thumbs:
I will take TCU defense over Boise St. offense
Boise 37
TCU 31
also another reason that they may have done this is because of attendance. if the game has a low attendance and the ratings are low the BCS will point to that as another reason not to change the system. why have teams play if there are not enough fans and viewers. my hope is that the game has the highest ratings and is a sell out. i think this game will go along way in shaping how non bcs teams get into the mix.
This should be a good game between two undefeated teams I would have to say that TCU will win this game but very close
i like TCU in this one