Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region Predictions
I had originally thought it might come down to Johnson Central and Lawrence County but I think East Ridge is going to finish strong. All three are good but cannot beat state level teams because of poor defense. They simply allow to many runs at the upper level of play. Of the three JC appears to have the most consistent defense. My sleeper pick is Magoffin. They have the ability to give LC and JC a run in the 57th. If they can pull an upset in district they could go deep in the 15th tourney. Lets hear some other thoughts.
I agree none of these teams plays consistent enough defense to win big. I think JC is the favorite followed by LC then East Ridge. Magoffin and Lawrence will play in the first round of the district tourney so one of those teams wont make the region.
baseline Jumper Wrote:I agree none of these teams plays consistent enough defense to win big. I think JC is the favorite followed by LC then East Ridge. Magoffin and Lawrence will play in the first round of the district tourney so one of those teams wont make the region.
I am going with LC due to home field in both district and region. Keep on chopin' wood LC.
dawgbyte02 Wrote:I had originally thought it might come down to Johnson Central and Lawrence County but I think East Ridge is going to finish strong. All three are good but cannot beat state level teams because of poor defense. They simply allow to many runs at the upper level of play. Of the three JC appears to have the most consistent defense. My sleeper pick is Magoffin. They have the ability to give LC and JC a run in the 57th. If they can pull an upset in district they could go deep in the 15th tourney. Lets hear some other thoughts.

ER has a very good infield and i terrible outfield.
Conley is a very good pitcher and she gets hitters to hit it to where people should catch it. They just simply dont catch it most of the time in the outfield. But their infield with MaCarty at Short and Mullins at Second makes them very good
I think Johnson Central, East Ridge, and Lawrence Co have to be the favorites with Magoffin as dark horse.
My little girl plays in the ER outfield and I have watched every game this year. She does not have as many errors as the shortstop or 2nd baseman. I know this is an opinion blog and you are intitled to yours. My opinon is make the above statement aloud where I can here it and there will some fightin going on.