Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Henry Clay 35 Pulaski County 28 (Overtime)
6 turnovers and killer penalty on 4th and goal in OT too much for Pulaski to overcome.
That pass interference was horrible. One of the most obvious and worst defensive plays ive seen in a while. Guy had no intentions of playing the ball or trying to deflect it. He just grabbed him by the neck and slung him down.
Im interested to learn more about the kid from Pulaski whos a receiver with no fingers on his left hand. Sounds like a great story. I know he made a GREAT catch in overtime.
csabo17 Wrote:Im interested to learn more about the kid from Pulaski whos a receiver with no fingers on his left hand. Sounds like a great story. I know he made a GREAT catch in overtime.

Sounds like this was an awesome game.

Campbell County had a player, Andy Franzen, who had only a thumb and pinky. He was the Camels leading receiver.
Final
congrats to hc
csabo17 Wrote:Im interested to learn more about the kid from Pulaski whos a receiver with no fingers on his left hand. Sounds like a great story. I know he made a GREAT catch in overtime.

His name is Aaron Hall. He's a really good kid and a nice little basketball player as well.
Anyone else see his grab in ot? It was thrown and caught by both players in the end-zone, and he ripped it away on the way down.
watched the end of this game on wazoo sports, great game! congrats to pc
Congrats to henry clay on the win. Looks like the #2 team in the mountains went down tonight!:flush:
Congrats to Henry Clay. Turnovers kill.
Henry Clay
Pulaski Co.
Scoring summary:

More details: Henry Clay 35, Pulaski County 28 (2OT): Bo Brooks had two short touchdown runs in the extra periods to help the Devils hold off host Pulaski County in the Don Marshall Bowl.
Jerry Williams led the Devils (1-1) passed for two touchdowns (and 146 yards) and ran for 134 yards and another score.
Zach Eastham had three touchdowns in a losing effort for the Maroons (1-1).

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/08/17/13961...z0yZI83EuS
Norm Peterson Wrote:His name is Aaron Hall. He's a really good kid and a nice little basketball player as well.

I've known Aaron since he first started playing sports and I truly am happy to hear him doing well at PC. He really is a great kid and an amazing athlete by any standards, his slight disability just makes it that much better of a story.
Congrats to HC
I know it's hard to be excited after a loss, but I am so proud of the kids from Pulaski County!! They went toe-to-toe with a 6A power and never backed down! Not many people outside of the locker room gave Pulaski a chance. Even trailing 21-7 in the 4th qtr, without one of their best players, the Maroons never quit. This team proved they can play with anybody. It was the hardest hitting PC team I have seen in over 15 years. If the Maroons can play with that kind of intensity every Friday night, look out! Again, words can not describe how proud I, and all of the Maroon fans, are of this team! Hold your heads high young men! Now, get ready for Russell County.
Forever Maroon Wrote:I know it's hard to be excited after a loss, but I am so proud of the kids from Pulaski County!! They went toe-to-toe with a 6A power and never backed down! Not many people outside of the locker room gave Pulaski a chance. Even trailing 21-7 in the 4th qtr, without one of their best players, the Maroons never quit. This team proved they can play with anybody. It was the hardest hitting PC team I have seen in over 15 years. If the Maroons can play with that kind of intensity every Friday night, look out! Again, words can not describe how proud I, and all of the Maroon fans, are of this team! Hold your heads high young men! Now, get ready for Russell County.

I agree 100%, Maroons will be tough to handle the rest of the way.
Forever Maroon Wrote:I know it's hard to be excited after a loss, but I am so proud of the kids from Pulaski County!! They went toe-to-toe with a 6A power and never backed down! Not many people outside of the locker room gave Pulaski a chance. Even trailing 21-7 in the 4th qtr, without one of their best players, the Maroons never quit. This team proved they can play with anybody. It was the hardest hitting PC team I have seen in over 15 years. If the Maroons can play with that kind of intensity every Friday night, look out! Again, words can not describe how proud I, and all of the Maroon fans, are of this team! Hold your heads high young men! Now, get ready for Russell County.

Is Henry Clay really a 6a power?
It was a great game! But, I don't think that it would have even been as interesting of a game if Eastham hadn't thrown all those interceptions. If I'm not mistaken I believe he threw like 3 interceptions. The worst part about it is all the interceptions took place when the Maroons were deep in Henry Clay territory which was a major momentum killer. But, none the less it was a great effort from all the Maroons! And congrats to the Blue Devils on the win.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Not sure I would classify Henry Clay a "6A power." Rather, they're a (slightly) above average 6A team.

With that said, though, PC should be sick that they let this game get away from them. At night's end, what did they have left? Two or three toes on one foot?