Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best teams/players of the 16th region
Who's who in the 16th
Just a quick look, Boyd should be the favorite with who they have coming back
Shelby Valley should be pretty good this year with the Dorton girls and Rachel Smith from Pikeville
Is there any new transfers that we should know about before we start picking.
IGotGam3 Wrote:Shelby Valley should be pretty good this year with the Dorton girls and Rachel Smith from Pikeville

Wrong region friend.

:thanks:
ok i will start, Boyd County or Rowan County
I'll say boyd at this point, but don't count out the lady kittens
I think that Kayla Day from Fairview and Brooke Gee from Rose Hill are two players from the 64th District to watch. I'm not sure how their teams will do in the Region. Boyd County should be the pre-season favorite.
As far as players I would go with Kayla Day Fairview, Chaney from Boyd, Gambill from Ashland,,,,no particular order i just think they are good players and there team will depend on them
Perry from West will be the best player in region. Sorry I forgot about her I thought she graduated.
1.Boyd
2.Ashland
3.Rowan
4.East
5.West
6.Fairview
7.Lewis
8.Russell
9.Bath
10.???
11.???
12.???
13.???
14.???
15.Rosehill
16.Raceland
I'm sorry but until somebody knocks off the three time defending champion I have a hard picking anybody over them. I understand they lost some to graduation but they do every year and every year they are still on top. So until someone else actually wins the region my pick is with Rowan.
Saw Boyd...they will have trouble scoring, but guard very well. Saw West...they are suspect at the guard position, Perry is the best player in the region. Saw Rowan...3 very good guards; Hamilton is arguably the best guard in the region (overall) and had a heckuva state tournament. The transfer from Rockcastle is very talented, and Duff looked good. Depth may be an issue. Didn't see East, thought they have Burge and Parsons back. Ashland has Gambill an a lot of question marks, though they will be very athletic from what I've heard.
16th Lion Wrote:1.Boyd
2.Ashland
3.Rowan
4.East
5.West
6.Fairview
7.Lewis
8.Russell
9.Bath
10.???
11.???
12.???
13.???
14.???
15.Rosehill
16.Raceland

Really? Ahead of Morgan and Fleming? Menifee is probably better than all 3, definitely better than Lewis and Bath.
I agree Rowan is #1 until someone knocks them off,,,,,did not know they got a transfer I thought Boyd might have a chance to beat them but know ???????
1. Rowan Co.
2. Boyd Co.
3. West Carter
4. Ashland
5. East Carter
6. Fleming Co.
7. Morgan Co.
8. Menifee Co.
9. Russell
10. Bath Co.
11.Fairview
12. Raceland
13. Greenup Co.
14.Lewis Co.
15.Rose Hill
16. Elliott Co.
Greenup County should be on an upswing. Destiny Jones has the ability to be a great player. Anything besides a district championship should be a disappointing season in the land of the big discontent.
jakelegg Wrote:Greenup County should be on an upswing. Destiny Jones has the ability to be a great player. Anything besides a district championship should be a disappointing season in the land of the big discontent.

Agreed. Saw them a couple times this summer, and Grizzle (I think that's her name) is a nice player as well.
Rowan, East and Ashland are always in the top three or four. Looks like Boyd Co. and West are crashing the party this season.
Good assessment. You know your stuff!
Should be a very interesting year. Hurry up Oct 15 lets start practicing
I think it will be an interesting year in the 16th. Rowan and West are my top picks. Asland, Boyd and East are towards the top as well.
East, Rowan and Ashland each graduated 4 starters, but all three could still have a chance.
theaccountdoctor Wrote:I agree Rowan is #1 until someone knocks them off,,,,,did not know they got a transfer I thought Boyd might have a chance to beat them but know ???????

It appears this young lady is virtually an unknown. Much of the focus around the 16th & 12th region where she came from was on her brother who also transfered and plays. She spent last year playing JV and Freshman for Rockcastle County. I heard she had a pretty solid summer with the her new team. I hear she has a lot of tools but not any varsity experience. Like to her what some of the RC faithful are saying.
I saw her a couple of times at Menifeee County league. Very athletic; about 5'10 and has good handles. Not a great shooter, but she did knock down some open shots. Offensively looked good. She'll be an impact player at some point, IMO.
Rowan Co
East Carter
Boyd Co.
West Carter
Ashland

Those should be the top 5 and interchangeable through much of the season.
After watching scrimmages this week I agree with these 5 completely. I am going to go a step farther just for the fun of it and rank them in order.
Rowan
Boyd
West
Ashland
East
Like I said this was just for the fun of it to see what everyone else thought. This year is going to be very interesting, with any of these teams beating each other on any given night.
Nobody was talking about Fleming preseason and they're arguably the best team in the region at this point in the season.

1) Fleming County
2) Rowan County
3) Ashland
4) Boyd County
5) West Carter
6) East Carter
7) Menifee County
8) Morgan County
9) Fairview
10) Bath County
11) Lewis County
12) Greenup County