Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SV Basketball Coach out???
I think he has done a great job also. Two years, a regional championship and a runner-up. Come on guys lets get real here, any school would love to have that. I happen to know the guy and I would love to have my son play for him. He doesn't cuss his players, he doesn't drink, or even smoke. Which is the type of role model I want for my kids. It doesn't hurt either that he knows how to win!
The fact that Booher has won a regional tournament and been runner-up in another has much more to do with the talent that has been there than his coaching ability. I think most SV fans will agree that Booher has underachieved with both teams, and has failed to show that he understands the game. The SV faithful are fearful that Booher won't know how to use the talents of the young players that will be there next year. SV has a golden opportunity with it's sophmore, freshman, and 8th grade classes, and the fans don't want to see Booher let it slip away... Maybe not what some of you want to hear, but it's the truth. :thumpsup:
I wouldn't say he underachieved, especially this year. No one thought that SV would do anything this year because Paintsville was supposed to dominate. I would call the boys' performance down here in Paintsville an underachievement. We would love to have even had the opportunity to play for the regional championship like SV did with a group of players which hardly anyone had high expectations for.
Ted Dibiasi Wrote:I wouldn't say he underachieved, especially this year. No one thought that SV would do anything this year because Paintsville was supposed to dominate. I would call the boys' performance down here in Paintsville an underachievement. We would love to have even had the opportunity to play for the regional championship like SV did with a group of players which hardly anyone had high expectations for.

The reason nobody had high expectations for SV during the regional tourney was because they underachieved so much during the regular season. People outside of SV didn't realize that SV had the ability to compete for the regional title, but SV fans knew it from day 1. The talent was there, but Booher just didn't get it out of them until the regional.
That is probably true. I try my best to keep up with everyone in the 15th especially the front runners. I guess Booher was fortunate enough to get it out of them at the right time.
When a team underachieves,Is it the coaches fault or is it the fault of spoiled, lazy, burnt out players who have already played too many BIG games during their AAU and other youth league games???

Not pointing fingers, so don't get offended.
It's a legitimate question.
fox sports Wrote:When a team underachieves,Is it the coaches fault or is it the fault of spoiled, lazy, burnt out players who have already played too many BIG games during their AAU and other youth league games???

Not pointing fingers, so don't get offended.
It's a legitimate question.

I agree with you for the most part. But in this case I think that most would agree that Booher doesn't take advantage of what he has. He had a fairly dominant inside game this past year, but didn't use it to his advantage at all. His teams run no offense, and he frustrates his players with completely random substitution patterns.
The King Wrote:I agree with you for the most part. But in this case I think that most would agree that Booher doesn't take advantage of what he has. He had a fairly dominant inside game this past year, but didn't use it to his advantage at all. His teams run no offense, and he frustrates his players with completely random substitution patterns.
Really???
By the end of the season after seeing SV play 3 or 4 times, i knew exactly who was going to sub and when usually..
Sad. He seemed to be able to get things done. What did they expect a regional championship after losing players in the same fashion that UNC did last year?
My question is, why do parents and players get to choose what they want in this sense.. if a coach was harrassing a player, or committing a crime then i could see the problem. but geez.. everyone wants their kids to excel.. I've heard so many parents say their kid is goin to be great, but when i see them play they flat out suck.. but then they cry because they don't get playing time, then guess what happens..... the parent bitches to someone, and next thing ya know the kid is a starter, getting his way, and if he don't he quits.. This case is becoming ridiculous.. as is most of the other schools around here.. with all the hold backs and bylaws of the khsaa and all that.. but money makes the world go around.. and until someone actually wants their team to win enough to shut their mouth and quit causing trouble it will stay this way, and coaches will come and go as the parents please.. and nothing will get built, dynasties won't get started, and players will continue to stay away from good colleges from this area..
Does anyone know if Booher is acutually thinking about resigning. Or will it be another "my son doesn't get to play, so lets get another coach" situation.
Lets just say that parents are going to the BOE and stating that if Booher is still there, their middle school "star players" will go to a different school.... you can take it the way you want.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
The BOE will tell them to go on and move their kids.....He will win with or without the Virgie kids....I think it is safe to say that he continues to win with or without the superstars. Ok if you are the BOE would you get rid of a coach that has won a regional championship and has a runner-up because of two middle school players? You have to be kidding me!
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Lets just say that parents are going to the BOE and stating that if Booher is still there, their middle school "star players" will go to a different school.... you can take it the way you want.
Let em go...It's time for the coaches and administration to run the programs not the parents and players.
fox sports Wrote:Let em go...It's time for the coaches and administration to run the programs not the parents and players.
here here
Why the heck should the BOE even care??? I mean isn't the BOE over the county.. err.. what i mean is don't each county have their own board????
i mean they are the board of EDUCATION, not the board of athletics...
I believe this is a good place for this thread to end.
Everything has been said.