Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Covington Catholic 2011
What do the Colonels need to do to improve from last year's 6-6 Team which made the playoffs?

Aug 19, 11 Campbell County Away 7:00 pm

Aug 26, 11 Dixie Heights Away 6:00 pm

Sep 3, 11 La Salle, OH Home 1:00 pm

Sep 9, 11 Boone County Away 7:00 pm

Sep 17, 11 Beechwood Home 1:00 pm

Sep 24, 11 Highlands Home 1:00 pm

Sep 30, 1 Pendleton County Away 7:00 pm

Oct 14, 11 Harrison County Away 7:30 pm

Oct 22, 11 Holmes Home 1:00 pm

Oct 29, 11 Conner Home 1:00 pm
With that scaled back, watered down schedule they go 8 and 2. Even if they're just as bad as they have been the last four years. They maybe win 1 playoff game before getting trounced again. As long as Covcath is in the same class as Highlands, they never win another district title.
Wideleft01 Wrote:With that scaled back, watered down schedule they go 8 and 2. Even if they're just as bad as they have been the last four years. They maybe win 1 playoff game before getting trounced again. As long as Covcath is in the same class as Highlands, they never win another district title.

at best 8-2, i think they'll go 6-4 losing to dixie, lasalle, highlands, and beechwood
Wideleft01 Wrote:With that scaled back, watered down schedule they go 8 and 2. Even if they're just as bad as they have been the last four years. They maybe win 1 playoff game before getting trounced again. As long as Covcath is in the same class as Highlands, they never win another district title.

I think you are right, they go 8-2 with their scaled back schedule. I think it is good for them to scale it back, they are not ready for the tough schedules they have had the past couple of years. I wish you were right about them never winning a district title, but it will happen sometime.
Be able to STOP the run.
I find it hilarious that you guys all talk about their record and how bad they are going to be. Look at their experience they will have with returning starters/ kids with varsity time.....
Offense: Blake Bir (QB), Gabe Gray (RB), Michael Best (WR), Clint Massie (WR), Mitch McDowell (WR, torn ACL last season against Scott, but is back and just as healthy as before), Charlie Mader (WR), & Max Halpin, Bradley Way, Jake Henderson & Tim Connaughton (all OL).
Defense: Brady Reese (DB), Tanner Fangman (DB), Tanner Coyne-Chailland (LB), D.J. Powell (LB), Sam Burchell (LB, will be a sophomore, but got time in the playoffs as a freshman), Spencer Hemmer (DL), Sam Williamson (DL).
Special Teams: Mitch McDowell (P) & Evan Talkers (K). Both leaders in Special Teams in the 9th region.

This team is a lot deeper than you guys may think.
Some of these guys have playing since Highlands piled up a 55-0 halftime lead on them. Hopefully they're better now. At least Highlands isn't 100 points better right now, but I still predict 7 and 3 regular season. Then out in 2nd round of playoffs. 8 and 4 sounds right to me. That's a good season for them.
Double Lab Trouble Wrote:Be able to STOP the run.
You hit the nail on the head!
cov cath will be better this year for sure.
la salle and highlands will be there two losses in my book. But, I think they can give both of those teams a run for there money depending on game plan.
Dixie will have Pike returning, so cov cath vs dixie is a toss-up.
last year they were super young... these next two, three years they will gain some ground. their freshman team last year was really strong.
when Bir is a senior and those frosh are juniors they will be a state contender.