Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(6) Duke 74 - Michigan State 69
Stardust Wrote:Umm, Memphis too????

OK what about K's involvement with offering a recruit a Scholarship at a Tournament? Hmm? Oh yea it was just ONE incident. THat yet again the NCAA has turned a blind eye and are considering changing the rules.
Stardust Wrote:You know, if you have ONE incident, then its difficult to say there is a problem that the coach has in consistently having issues in his program - RIGHT!

Calipari has had two final fours taken away from him in two programs, yet, people like you have turned the BLIND eye in that he is innocent. Just as we have learned with Paterno, just because you may not have been the one who did the crime, a coach is expected to be responsible for HIS program! You can twist it all you like, I truly don't care. I've said it a 1,000 times, I love UK Basketball. I hope Calipari wins 10 NCAA titles, because I get to enjoy it that my team won! I just don't want to know how he does it!

Cal had one incident At Umass with Camby. His school was punished. K had one incident with Maggette, School was not punished. How is there any difference?
comeback_kidxXx Wrote:im going to have to disagree with that one statement lol

Quote:On March 18, 1980, Krzyzewski was named the head coach at Duke University after five seasons at Army.[7] After a few rebuilding seasons, he and the Blue Devils became a fixture on the national basketball scene with 27 NCAA Tournament berths in the past 28 years and 16 consecutive from 1996 to 2011, which is the second-longest current streak of tournament appearances behind Kansas, which has appeared in the tournament in 22 consecutive seasons. Overall, he has taken his program to postseason play in 28 of his 31 years at Duke and is the most winning active coach in men's NCAA Tournament play with a 79–23 record for a .775 winning percentage. His Duke teams have won 13 ACC Championships, been to 11 Final Fours, and won four NCAA tournament National Championships.
On February 13, 2010, Krzyzewski coached in his 1000th game as the Duke head coach. On March 20, 2011, Krzyzewski won his 900th game, becoming only the second head coach with at least 900 wins, the other being his head coach at Army, Bob Knight.[8] On November 15, 2011, Krzyzewski got his 903rd win passing Knight's record for most Division I wins

Since 1980 when Coach K took over at Duke he has won 4 titles.
Here are the other teams that have won multiple titles since then.
UNC has won 4
UConn has won 3
UK has won 2
Kansas has won 2
Florida has won 2
Indiana has won 2
Louisville has won 2

And obviously he's doing good in the win column since there is no one in the sport that has prepared their team for a game, played the game, and left with a win more times than him.

I'm not saying Duke is the most dominant all-time.
They have only been a contender since Coach K came into the picture.
But I don't think anyone can really argue that any other team has been more dominant than Duke since he took the reigns there.
UK had a shot to be more dominant....
but Pitino's exit for the NBA slowed them down a bit.
I fully believe that if Pitino wouldn't have left UK they would have the all-time wins record AND the all-time Championships record.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Cal had one incident At Umass with Camby. His school was punished. K had one incident with Maggette, School was not punished. How is there any difference?

During Calipari's leadership, the number of things that have been questioned has been more than just Camby. With Dujuan Wagner, Cal hired his father to be his "Coordinator of Basketball Operations". He hired Tyreke Evans personal trainer to be his Administrative Assistant. With Derek Rose we had the entrance exam questions, Derek's brother traveling with the team for free. Robert Dozier had questions about the legitimacy of his SAT score. The investigation of Laurinberg Institute where Cal got such recruits as Robert Dorsey. Eric Bledsoe investigation of his academic eligibility and rumore of "extra" benefits recieved. Enes Kanter issues with eligibility. The $100,000 paid to Memphis season ticket holders to keep from going to trial over the retracted Final Four. To say that Cal has gone under the radar of suspicion is a little ridiculous.

He also had the incident of calling reporter Dan Garcia a "F#$*ing Mexican Idiot" that he had to publicly apologize for:Thumbs:

As for why nothing came out of the dUKe issues, the question needs to go back to the committee that found no reason to do anything. Let us not forget, UK's Larry Ivy was on the oversight committee in 2000 that made the ruling....
Good job derailing another thread dudes..
You can't mention Duke basketball in the midst of most Kentucky fans....

I had a guy at work tell me Darius Miller was better than Austin Rivers yesterday lol
Lol...I hate Duke, but I love Coach K. That's about the only thing that lets me discuss Duke and be almost un-biased, and not sound like a dumbass.