Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rank the SEC programs
Not the current teams, but the program as a whole in its current state. Think of it like this: you've been offered head coaching jobs at each SEC school, or you're a recruit and got a scholarship from every SEC school. LOYALTY ASIDE, where do you go?

Things to consider: national and conference championships, overall facilities including stadium, location, money, fan base, NCAA or SEC investigations and penalties, rivals, history, media coverage.

you can break them down into groups like elite, on and off, cellar dweller, etc.
The rop programs for money, recruiting, coaching, and winning as of late. (Arkansas will be better once Smith is gone.)
1. Alabama
2. LSU
3. Florida
4. Arkansas
5. Georgia

The next level. These schools have what they need, but for the most part make bad decisions.
6. Tennessee
7. South Carolina
8. Texas A&M
9. Auburn

Teams that surprise once every 5 or 6 years by challenging, but never get over the hump
10. Miss. State
11. Vandy
12. Ole Miss

The absoloute bottom of the pit in nearly every category.
13. Misouri
14. Kentucky
^ Only change would be where TA&M is at. I think their win over Bama alone puts them in position to capitalize on recruiting than any team in the 2nd tier.
I like your list Gut...I'd recommend some tweaking..I would move the Aggies to #4, UT to #8, and Arkansas to #6.