Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Report: Chizik out at Auburn
There are multiple reports out of Auburn this afternoon that Auburn president Jay Gogue has informed members of the Board of Trustees that he is preparing to fire head coach Gene Chizik. Sources tell auburn.247sports.com (pay link) that Auburn plans to remove Chizik and hire a new coach “within days after the end of the season should the decision be made that Chizik will not be retained.”

The only potential candidate the site lists is Louisville offensive coordinator Shawn Watson.

The news comes less than 24 hours after Bobby Petrino Sr. told the media that his son was interested in the Kentucky job and that “his life’s goal was to go to the SEC.”

Interesting timing…

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=121415
I'd take Chizik
Hard to believe considering they're 2 years removed from a National Championship and his staff being decimated form coaches going on to new positions. Just goes to show how quick things can change in the SEC.
FBALL Wrote:I'd take Chizik

Are you drunk.??????
Look at his overall record. He has not won anything without SCAM NEWTON!!
BARNHEAD has drug his feet now Auburn will go in there and offer him the moon , Should have made the call at half time of Western game. Auburn will name coach by monday and BARNHEAD will be narrowing his list down. This time next year will be saying WE COULDA HAD.
I called this way back in September. Dooley will be next.
BTW

Please Mitch please dont even consider Chizik!
FBALL Wrote:I'd take Chizik

Now doesnt this just take the cake, you angel you.

So you wont take Petrino because hes a scumbag, but youll take Chizik.....

:pondering:

We do not need Chizik, he cannot win in the SEC on a yearly basis.

Petrino is the only guy who can do that who is available.
Scumbag needs to stay in Montana with mommy and daddy.
FBALL I've agreed with you a lot but this I just can't agree with, If we hired Mitch we'd be right back in the same boat we were in for the past 3 years with Joker.
Strikeout King Wrote:FBALL I've agreed with you a lot but this I just can't agree with, If we hired Mitch we'd be right back in the same boat we were in for the past 3 years with Joker.

Let me clarity. I'd take him. Nowhere near my first choice. To me that would be settling. I don't want to settle. I want to shoot for the moon and go out and get the best. I still see offer Chris Peterson the keys to Fort Knox. I'd at least take a shot at it.
In all honesty I see it coming down to either Sonny Dykes or Neal Brown and in my case I hope both are on the staff. Dykes as HC and Brown as OC. If I'm not mistaken don't they both run that Air Raid offense? I know Brown does but Dykes?
FBALL Wrote:Let me clarity. I'd take him. Nowhere near my first choice. To me that would be settling. I don't want to settle. I want to shoot for the moon and go out and get the best. I still see offer Chris Peterson the keys to Fort Knox. I'd at least take a shot at it.
I would rather keep Joker than let Chizik coach one day.
FBALL I actually tweeted Kent Spencer about the Peterson situation and he said NO Chance that happens
Probably not but I would try it.
Strikeout King Wrote:FBALL I actually tweeted Kent Spencer about the Peterson situation and he said NO Chance that happens

Tweet him and ask him abou tPetrino and see what he says.....Confusedhh:
He will say he is a criminal scumbag.
^Confusednicker:
Gut I did tweet that to Kent and he said that Petrino isn't even being considered, he also said he believes what I believe that it will come down to either Dykes or Brown. I just re-tweeted him. As soon as he replies I will post
^
Ask him if he think Petrino would win more games in one year than Dykes and Brown put together in 5 years could......becuase he can.

The fate of this choice is like the presidency. Do you want the same ole shit of nothingness and no change, or do you want hope and a proven winner? Well, America chose the wrong thing, will UK make the wrong choice? Probably, because there is only one right choice and thats Petrino.
We will see.
http://espn.go.com/college-football/stor...ely-source.

Official, Chizik is gone.
So what jobs are officially open in the SEC: Tennessee, Auburn, Kentucky.......
Auburn will scoop up Petrino now, unless there current troubles keep them from hiring a guy with off the field issues.

UK need to pull the trigger on Petrino now, because he will be coaching somewhere next year in the SEC most likely.
LWC Wrote:So what jobs are officially open in the SEC: Tennessee, Auburn, Kentucky.......
and the Razorpigs
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Auburn will scoop up Petrino now, unless there current troubles keep them from hiring a guy with off the field issues.

UK need to pull the trigger on Petrino now, because he will be coaching somewhere next year in the SEC most likely.

No one wants him Gut, especially not Mitch Barnhart. You're going to have to face that fact sometime.
^
Theres no doubt in my mind that Barney is stupid and wont hire Petrino, however, exactly what is there to face?

EVERY single news source dealing with UK athletics is full of BS.
There is not one single site that has come somewhat close to mentioning a candidate that has been interviewed. All of KSR's "sources" need to be fired.

Wouldnt surprise me to see someone not even mentioned hired.