Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opening day
Can someone tell me why MLB has gotten away from the traditional first game of the year being the Reds and whom ever they play??

Growing up that was one thing you could count on in April was the Reds were going to start off the season. But now seems the season starts with some teams playing in Japan or somewhere else.

Opening day had always been the reds and it still should be, you have the oldest team in MLB with a great fan base and tradition that should still mean something.

Thoughts!!!
^ Money Markets! Cincinnati is not a money market, thus gimmick games in foreign countries and night games in major television markets is the world we live in. Sure, I would love to go back to the old days and open in Cincinnati. But, we are in a new day and age where $$$ overules nostalgia!
I can't wait until baseball starts I miss it
Money talks
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Well at least they still keep with the tradition of starting the season at home every season during the annual Cincinnati parade.
I can't wait for Opening Day to get here either! I'm looking forward to watching this new lineup for the Reds play on a daily basis. I wish they would hurry up and get these negotiations with some of these arbitration eligible players over with.
Pretty excited for this upcoming season! Going to try and be a little more into baseball this year.
I know that kills me that the reds dont play the first game of the year anymore! Reds are gonna have a great season!!!