Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do UK fans enjoy being miserable?
I had season football tickets from the 2007 season through the 2015 season. So I can say I feel pretty good talking about this subject.

UK football fans and basketball fans are one of two things.
- Die-Hard fans that enjoy the hard times as well as the good times.
OR
- Die-Hard fans that enjoy being miserable during the bad times as well as the good times.
There are casual fans, but those are very few and far between and most of the time, they don't like any sports.

Let's look at the Miserable fan.......
They watch every game they can or attend as many games as they can, but complain the entire time. Complain about the coaching, the players, the venue. You name it, they complain about it. Most of the time they don't have a solution for anything they are complaining about other than your typical "Arm-Chair QB" comments in the moment.
I realize UK football isn't even close to a football powerhouse, believe me, I sat through some miserable games during the Joker era and Stoops first year. It does suck knowing we could & should be better than what we are. With the stadium renovations, the new practice facility, better recruits and coaching staff, UK has invested in football. Maybe not as much as the traditional SEC powers, but better than most elsewhere.
Now to where I wanna be. Why even be a fan if you look for stuff to complain about all game, every game? Why spend your time and your money just to complain? Playing sports and watching sports are meant to be fun and enjoyable. Not to stay aggravated before, during and after every game no matter the outcome.

Be a fan of a different team & turn in to a UK hater, but don't be a UK fan that complains.

If you consider yourself as one of the Miserable fans, please feel free to explain. I would like to get some feedback.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Going by your logic I guess you could put me in the second group.

1. Kentucky basketball is kentucky basketball. Anything short of a title is a failure and all of our fans should hold UK to that standard. Call it ridicolous if you want but caliparis paycheck proves otherwise. We don't pay for the recruiting and drafts. We pay for the banners. We should have at least 3 more hanging over the past decade. That's all that needs to be said about basketball.

2. As far as football goes, when have we ever had the chance to be happy?
I don't recall any championships, sec titles, sec championship games, or EVEN 10 WIN SEASONS.
Color me crazy for expecting a university who wants us to spend money to watch them, but their merchandise, and attend functions to at least hire a competent coach who can win 8 or 9 games a year. It is absurd what is Going on with that program. It's been that way our entire lifetime. There is no excuse for zero sec championship game appearances. NONE.
Sites like KSR further demean fans who expect more by always taking the side of the athletic dept. People and sites who have access to the games and sources will not ruin that by putting out negative reviews. It seems everyone and everything associated with UK right now is that way. Lol, they hired a former iPad thief to pretty much be the hype man before bball games.
Nobody should ever be satisfied with 6 and 7 win seasons as the standard. Its remarkable that people think this is being a bad fan or miserable. It's simply calling it what it is. Bull