Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wolfe County 69 Breathitt County 58
Final
Wolfe controlled the game from the start of the 2nd half on. Breathitt struggles to score unless the got it at the rim. Wolfe’s guards dominated Breathitt’s backcourt tonight. Skylar Ritchie had 12 or 14. Wolfe probably had 4 or 5 guys in double figures. If Wolfe fine tunes some things on the defensive end they are going to be really bad to beat.
Wolf is off to a great start this season.
Great team effort by Wolfe tonight. 5 players had double figures. As well as they played, I feel as though they’re going to keep getting better. Hats off to a very talented Breathitt team that I still believe is going to be a big player in the region before tournament time.
I think Breathitt will be in the hunt in March, when it actually matters. You have to take into consideration that half of the Bobcats were on the football field two and a half weeks ago. I'm not taking anything away from Wolfe County, which clearly was the superior team, but the Wolves as a team, have played together all summer and have been practicing for months. Now with that being said, I don't know if Breathitt will be able to beat Wolfe when district play rolls around, but the Bobcats will improve a lot before now and then. Wolfe's guard play was very impressive last night and if Breathitt is going to challenge them for the district this year, they need to dominate the paint and be able to stop Wolfe from driving to the basket. Wolfe County is a very dangerous team, and they have just as good of a shot, as anyone else in the region, in my opinion.
Wolfe's back court is under appreciated and they are smart players. Breathitt will improve as the football players get adjusted to being back on the floor and off the field. Wolfe is playing great basketball.