Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remaining Playoff Teams Still Playing in Round 3
This is a list of each team that will be playing in round 3 and how many teams who they have played during the regular season that are still playing.  People may say it doesn't matter, or they may say some are more prepared for this moment than others.  I'm just posting the numbers and you all debate.   This is a list of Kentucky teams still in the playoffs only.  I'm sure they maybe others in out-of-state games.  Hopefully I have got them all correct.   Smile

1A  Team                       of opponents still playing
Louisville Holy Cross          0
Crittenden Co.                   1
K.C.D.                              1
N.C.C.                              1
Paintsville                         3
Raceland                          3
Hazard                             4
Pikeville                            5

2A  Team                         #  of opponents still playing
Mayfield                           1
Breathitt Co.                     1
Shelby Valley                    1
Metcalfe Co.                     1
Lloyd Memorial                 1
Owensboro Catholic          3
Beechwood                      3
L.C.A.                              4

3A  Team                       of opponents still playing  
Bell Co.                           0
Mason Co.                       1
Bardstown                       2
Ashland                           2
Greenup Co.                    3
Union Co.                        3
Paducah Tilghman            3
C.A.L.                              3

4A  Team                       of opponents still playing 
Warren East                    0
Logan Co.                       0
Johnson Central               0        
Central                           1
Corbin                            2
Lexington Catholic           3
Boyle Co.                        5
Franklin Co.                    5

5A  Team                       of opponents still playing
Bowling Green                   1
Woodford Co.                    1
Southwestern                    1
Owensboro                       2
Fairdale                            2
South Oldham                   3
Frederick Douglass            3
Scott Co.                          5

6A  Team                       of opponents still playing
Bullitt East                        1
Central Hardin                   1
Trinity                              2
Male                                3
Henderson Co.                  4
Madison Central                4
Bryan Station                    4
Ballard                             4
[-] The following 5 users Like Rip/Spin's post:
  • BEChargers, Bull got out!, Iam4thecats, Westside, wolfcat
Id would say do this again championship week and look at the playoff teams scheduled vs playoffs team scheduled....Probably will look like

5 x 4

4 x 3
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Rip/Spin
I think it matters. You have experience in playing what are more than likely good teams. Can give you and idea of your opponent, for us fans sometbing to predict the future on haha
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • Rip/Spin
Obviously, if you’re still alive you should have the talent and good sense to schedule some tough games.

Some programs are just desperate to get numbers and build something to try and sustain themselves.

Honestly, it’s more fun to coach and play feeling like you could get beat every week if you don’t work hard and “show up”.

Good stats and thread! Thanks for the work.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ROTC's post:
  • Hound05
The numbers would change some if out of state opponents were included - particularly for Trinity.

Ironton (13-0) is still alive in the Division V Ohio state playoffs. (Johnson Central lost to Ironton.)

Carmel (6-4) is still playing in the Indiana 6A playoffs (Trinity beat Carmel.)

Center Grove (10-2) is still alive in the Indiana 6A playoffs (Trinity beat Center Grove.)

St. Mary's (9-2) is still playing in the Missouri AAA - Big playoffs. (Trinity beat St. Mary's.)

Archbishop Moeller (12-1) is still playing in the Div. I Ohio state playoffs. (Moeller beat Trinity.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Rip/Spin
I agree that it does matter, but there are also exceptions. Hoot Gibson pointed out Trinity and Johnson Central's out of state games, and I know Paducah Tilghman played a TN team, and others played some as well. One team that stood out to me with only 1 still playing is Central. This is a team that it doesn't tell the whole story of their strength of schedule. They also played St. X, South Warren, DuPont Manual and Belfry. I know Belfry isn't as strong this season as in past seasons but, that's last years 3A state champ, last years 5A state champ, last years 6A state champ, and 6A Manual who went 9-3, and only losing in the regular season to St. X and Male. I would say that's pretty stout competition!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rip/Spin's post:
  • BEChargers
(11-16-2022, 09:48 PM)Rip/Spin Wrote: I agree that it does matter, but there are also exceptions.  Hoot Gibson pointed out Trinity and Johnson Central's out of state games, and I know Paducah Tilghman played a TN team, and others played some as well.  One team that stood out to me with only 1 still playing is Central.  This is a team that it doesn't tell the whole story of their strength of schedule.  They also played St. X, South Warren, DuPont Manual and Belfry.  I know Belfry isn't as strong this season as in past seasons but, that's last years 3A state champ, last years 5A state champ, last years 6A state champ, and 6A Manual who went 9-3, and only losing in the regular season to St. X and Male.  I would say that's pretty stout competition!
Yea I didn’t think about that. All of those were pretty good teams. So it could be very misleading. You could look at the matchups but that would defeat the purpose of looking at the number that are still in it. But on the flip side each round it gets tougher, so the emphasis on just how many remain really says something. So you could look at it two ways. It’s saying something if you still have 1 or 2 teams still playing but 3, 4, and 5? Shewww. Either a lucky draw or some good teams. Probably more good teams than luck
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • Rip/Spin
(11-16-2022, 10:26 PM)Hound05 Wrote:
(11-16-2022, 09:48 PM)Rip/Spin Wrote: I agree that it does matter, but there are also exceptions.  Hoot Gibson pointed out Trinity and Johnson Central's out of state games, and I know Paducah Tilghman played a TN team, and others played some as well.  One team that stood out to me with only 1 still playing is Central.  This is a team that it doesn't tell the whole story of their strength of schedule.  They also played St. X, South Warren, DuPont Manual and Belfry.  I know Belfry isn't as strong this season as in past seasons but, that's last years 3A state champ, last years 5A state champ, last years 6A state champ, and 6A Manual who went 9-3, and only losing in the regular season to St. X and Male.  I would say that's pretty stout competition!
Yea I didn’t think about that. All of those were pretty good teams. So it could be very misleading. You could look at the matchups but that would defeat the purpose of looking at the number that are still in it. But on the flip side each round it gets tougher, so the emphasis on just how many remain really says something. So you could look at it two ways. It’s saying something if you still have 1 or 2 teams still playing but 3, 4, and 5? Shewww. Either a lucky draw or some good teams. Probably more good teams than luck

I totally agree!!!
Ashland actually has 4 teams left and not 2 as listed. Those teams are Raceland, Greenup Co, Hazard, and George Washington (WV)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Orange Blaze's post:
  • Rip/Spin
(11-16-2022, 11:40 PM)Orange Blaze Wrote: Ashland actually has 4 teams left and not 2 as listed. Those teams are Raceland, Greenup Co, Hazard, and George Washington (WV)

I figured I would mess up somewhere ?. I was only county in state teams in the playoffs on my count
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rip/Spin's post:
  • Orange Blaze
I love these type of posts.
Record vs those teams would be an interesting add on to this list.