Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
14th region transfers
(6 hours ago)Slim one Wrote:
(06-04-2024, 05:30 PM)Bigbluewarehouse Wrote: I think everybody that didn't have a family member playing was thinking it was gonna be a fight to the finish between hazard Perry an breathitt an they were right this year I think hazard will win region if they lose it will be cause they blew it for themselves but breathitt has some good players returning an if honeycutt an Collins get hot it could be breathitt but top 2 in my opinion is hazard breathitt  with powell an Perry fighting for 3rd powell has a new coach an hoskins can never be counted out him an al are the two  best coaches hands down in the 14th region.
I think you’re right about last year. Perry started the season as the favorite then Hazard went on a tare until Breathitt beat them in OT in the All A while Perry struggled. So Hazard stayed the favorite for most people until Breathitt knocked them out if the Region. Breathitt played a terrible championship game and Perry earned the trophy. Breathitt had lost 4 starters and the new guys had little experience. They surprised most I think. Hazard returns everyone and adds Rydge. So who’s the 6th man? Could be a problem.  while Breathitt lost their 3 point shooters in Hamilton and Bellamy, three players who saw a good bit of play time last year have better 3 point percentages then both of them. Honeycutt shoots 50%, Stallard 44% and Collins 38%. Will they have the other skills in ball handling and defence? I guess time will tell. Just not so sure Hazard will have a cake walk.

I think preseason everyone thought Breathitt would be terrible last year due to losing 4 starters. But let’s face it , every team in the region lost valuable starters. The region was definitely down compared to the prior season. What took every one by surprise was the play from Gross & Terry. No one was expecting Breathitt to have an inside presence. Once the season started I think everyone thought Breathitt was a contender / favorite.

I agree Honeycutt , Stallard & Collins are great shooters. But by mid season we will see how those shots are falling. Kids don’t seem to draw as much attention coming in off the bench. I look for those 3 to draw some defense this season.

But I do think Breathitt is capable of being a good scoring team. . Especially if they run some offense through their bigs. What team can handle Breathitt under the goal ? I think Breathitt will struggle on the defensive end.. I think most would agree that Hamilton & Bellamy were the 2 best defenders on Breathitt’s squad last year. Can Honeycutt , Stallard or Collins fill those shoes ? I guess time will let us know.

Hazard not losing anyone and gaining Rydge plus having Big Al on the sideline gives them the nod from me. Breathitt having 3 of the better players in the region coupled with 3 good shooters has me giving them a chance. Sports are unpredictable I’m looking forward to another great season. Good luck to all the teams in the 14th