Poll: Is Obama ready for the White House?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
47.06%
No
52.94%
Don't Care
0%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Barack Obama have enough experience?
Yes or NO
sherman14 Wrote:Yes or NO

Our Founding Fathers had no experience at starting a new country.
Experience is not a "close the deal" necessity.
**** No.................
basketballwizz Wrote:**** No.................
That was short and to the point.:moon: Big Grin
thecavemaster Wrote:Our Founding Fathers had no experience at starting a new country.

And your point?
sherman14 Wrote:And your point?

He already stated his point.

It's not a necessity for a leader to have tons of experience.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
He has no experience to lead yes lead what has he ever had to lead???????? He want ans any questions if you want this nobody to lead your country i feel sorry for you.
basketballwizz Wrote:He has no experience to lead yes lead what has he ever had to lead???????? He want ans any questions if you want this nobody to lead your country i feel sorry for you.
He led the Harvard Law Review.
basketballwizz Wrote:He has no experience to lead yes lead what has he ever had to lead???????? He want ans any questions if you want this nobody to lead your country i feel sorry for you.

and McCain led him self into being a POW!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: That speaks alot for a leader right?

oh im sorry i shouldn't have said that...
However, yes he is ready.
sherman14 Wrote:And your point?

When it comes to Palin, supporters play up her strengths, downplay her inexperience. The importance of experience is in the eye of the partisan, I guess. Point: experience is one of many factors, not a "by itself the most important" factor.
thecavemaster Wrote:When it comes to Palin, supporters play up her strengths, downplay her inexperience. The importance of experience is in the eye of the partisan, I guess. Point: experience is one of many factors, not a "by itself the most important" factor.

Palin is a VP nominee, Obama is the Presidential nominee. DOn't bring up this old McCain is on his deathbed crap. Odds are especially with his family history he may well live to be 100.

Obama in no way shape or form has the experience to lead this nation at this point in time. The wolves are at the door, the economy is on the edge. Its not time for radical ideas that have eroded the other countries they have been instituted in. Yeah sure we Americans can do just about anything better than the Europeans, but some of Obama's ideas are for days when our economy and our national security are on better levels.

Not to mention he's been caught up in about 1000 lies now and has changed his mind on almost everygthing. who knows what he is going to do. Of course the sheep will continue to listen and vote for him because they hate George Bush, Bush is gone in 3 months. What's the old saying? "Cut your nose off to spite your face"
May I ask you what the general consensus is among responsible parties as first priority in picking a VP? My answer would be: capable and ready to be President of the United States, not capable of perhaps shoring up the base, reaching out to Independent Voters and appealing to women. Also, McCain would be the oldest person to be sworn in for the first time. He is not, as far as we know, about to fall through the window of oblivion; however, first statement above is relevant here.
Beetle01 Wrote:Palin is a VP nominee, Obama is the Presidential nominee. DOn't bring up this old McCain is on his deathbed crap. Odds are especially with his family history he may well live to be 100.

Obama in no way shape or form has the experience to lead this nation at this point in time. The wolves are at the door, the economy is on the edge. Its not time for radical ideas that have eroded the other countries they have been instituted in. Yeah sure we Americans can do just about anything better than the Europeans, but some of Obama's ideas are for days when our economy and our national security are on better levels.

Not to mention he's been caught up in about 1000 lies now and has changed his mind on almost everygthing. who knows what he is going to do. Of course the sheep will continue to listen and vote for him because they hate George Bush, Bush is gone in 3 months. What's the old saying? "Cut your nose off to spite your face"
All Republicans know to win elections is lie lie lie. The Sheep still believe. You're starting to steal my lines too Beetle. Just like the Republicans have stolen every idea the Democrats have came up with and try to represent it as their own.

Like the word "Change" in this election.
Still find it funny you honestly think the Dems are more honest than Republicans.
Especially now that it has been proven Obama put a forged document on his website.
Beetle01 Wrote:Still find it funny you honestly think the Dems are more honest than Republicans.
Especially now that it has been proven Obama put a forged document on his website.

It has not been proven. Biased, conservative blogs are not reliable sources.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Beetle01 Wrote:Still find it funny you honestly think the Dems are more honest than Republicans.

A "tell the truth but tell it at a slant" (Dickinson) mode of operating hasn't been patented for sole use by either Party.
This is why im going with McCain he has the political experience. But another big plus is that he served his country and has military experience
JeffSheppard15 Wrote:This is why im going with McCain he has the political experience. But another big plus is that he served his country and has military experience

Unfortunately, a few days ago, in a large city, I talked to a veteran who lived in a park near the public library. He served his country. He had military experience. He told me he was soon to be elected President. I think your reasoning has a big "does not necessarily follow" stamped on it.
thecavemaster Wrote:Our Founding Fathers had no experience at starting a new country.

Our founding fathers had no experience. They had tons of experience. They had not yet run this country, but came from a background with plenty of experience to make executive decisions. Comparing Obama to our founding fathers in terms of experience is a terrible comparison. George Washington was our first president and while he had no experience of being president, he had plenty of experience and a great military background of being a great leader.

Obama has none of this. He has no record of turning point votes in the Senate. He has no experience making executive decisions - other than running his own campaign - which is no where near the same. Palin has more executive experience, and McCain is very superior to Obama in this regard.
It's not a question of experience. Heck, I think I have enough experience to be president. It's his policies and judgements I disagree with.
Experience doesn't always mean it helps.
WheelsNdaSky Wrote:Our founding fathers had no experience. They had tons of experience. They had not yet run this country, but came from a background with plenty of experience to make executive decisions. Comparing Obama to our founding fathers in terms of experience is a terrible comparison. George Washington was our first president and while he had no experience of being president, he had plenty of experience and a great military background of being a great leader.

Obama has none of this. He has no record of turning point votes in the Senate. He has no experience making executive decisions - other than running his own campaign - which is no where near the same. Palin has more executive experience, and McCain is very superior to Obama in this regard.

They had no experience founding a new country. What experience did they have making executive decisions for a new country? I am not comparing Obama to Jefferson or Washington, merely experience in terms of executive decisions at the national level. Your mantra is the very point we are debating: experience is not the be all end all that you make it out to be.
lawrencefan Wrote:It's not a question of experience. Heck, I think I have enough experience to be president. It's his policies and judgements I disagree with.

I am shocked to hear you don't agree with Obama, LF...
thecavemaster Wrote:I am shocked to hear you don't agree with Obama, LF...

CM, I would love to have someone around like you at work to debate with. You seem to have a keen mind.
lawrencefan Wrote:CM, I would love to have someone around like you at work to debate with. You seem to have a keen mind.

I have a mind, try to use and improve it as best I can. I enjoy this BGR forum: one of the few places to debate some real important issues and to hear what people who disagree with you have to say.
lawrencefan Wrote:It's not a question of experience. Heck, I think I have enough experience to be president. It's his policies and judgements I disagree with.

I don't know you, but I don't think I'd vote for you over McCain, Biden, Huckabee, Hillary, or Palin. Maybe Obama though. Wink

Experience is only one factor. McCain definitely wins this battle with Obama. As far as oratory skills, I would give the edge to Obama. As far as trustworthiness, I think McCain holds the edge - mainly due to experience. However, if Obama can actually do some of the things he says he will in his campaign, he may not be a bad president. But I just don't see it. He wishes to cut taxes below 250 K, which is not a bad thing - if you make below that line. However, he also talks about all these other ideas in giving money out, but where is he to get it? In order to spend, you have to borrow. In order to borrow you must increase the debt. So, truly on the economy, I give it a tie. McCain's plan is better overall, however Obama will put money in your pocket if you make less than 250 K. For the country, McCain is better. For myself, I wouldn't mind having some more money.