Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2009 UCA Nationals Super Large Varsity Div
No one from Kentucky, participated in the semi's or finals in this division.
This division is a joke. I have no idea what Bob Jones does to win those championships but I'd say it wasn't very nice. The dropped a stunt flat in the floor and bobble a bunch of times. I will say that they had incredibly well executed tumbling.
Bob Jones is an excellent cheerleading squad. They did 7 full ups in the opening stunt and lost one of them. They then full up twice in the next sequence with 6 stunts and hit all of them. Their tumbling is amazing as well as their performance. A drop doesn't mean that you can't win UCA. Their difficulty was so far above the other teams in the Super Varsity Division. In fact, the division wouldn't be a joke if so many teams wouldn't have run off scared because they know they can't beat Bob Jones.
I greatly respect Greenup County. Their tradition and championships speak for themselves. They lost fair and square to Bob Jones last year and lost to Houston this year who was also a great squad. You can't win every year. It just makes Greenup look like sore losers to hear them whine about not winning. I'm sure Greenup will win again. As long as they keep whining about getting cheated though, I for one don't care if they ever win again.
I did not say Greenup got cheated. In my opinion their routine was better from beginning to end. Houston did a great job though, and congrats to them. Next - GC should have never been in Super Large - they competed with 22 kids compared to Bob Jones 30. They certainly did not run scared nor would they ever! You obiously don't know much about their coach or their program. They were looking forward to competing with Houston and with Dunbar! Also -- if I remember correctly Houston also used to compete in the Super Large division at UCA Nationals. Did you accuse them of running scared? I don't think so.
Also no one ever thought Dunbar was taking the easy road even when that Large division was the weakest one.
I don't think I mentioned anyone specifically by name that ran off scared. It was just a comment in regards to the super large varsity division being weaker than previous year. I also have no reason to talk specifically about Houston a Tennessee team on here since this is mainly a Kentucky cheerleading board. I also think that I complemented Greenup on their tradition of excellence. It is very difficult to stay at the top year after year. I think that speaks great things of their coach and their girls.