Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence Co. Soccer
[SIZE=2]Lawrence co has finally decided that they will let the Girls have a soccer team. They have already started practice and have about 25 girls out at this time. The head coach is coach Holbrook and Coach Johnson. Yes Mr Holbrook is also the girls basketball coach and he has a lot of them out for soccer which I think is great. I am sure it will be a big learning curve for Lawrence co with this being their first ever high school team but I would love to see this program get off on the right foot. I think they are with the coaches they have hired but they will still be a lot of questions to be answered. Like what kind of support will they get from the school system and where will they play the home games at and what district do they play in. I guess the same as the football team but I am not sure. I would think they would try and play a JV schedule the first year but I don't know that either . But I would like to wish them the best of luck and welcome to the Dawg Family
[/SIZE]
Congratulations to those that had to push and struggle to get it accomplished. Look foward to seeing you on the pitch.
Just heard that LC will be playing Greenup Co. Next Tuesday evening. This will be the first time most of these girls will have ever played in a soccer game. I don't know if this is a scimage or what but it should be a lot of fun. These girls have been working really hard for the past 2 or 3 weeks and really seam to be liking it. They have about 20 girls out right now I guess thats pretty good. I hope they all just have a lot of fun and enjoy thier time in high school. Good luck to both.