Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Bow help?
I have NEVER bow hunted in my life. And I've only shot a bow about 3 times in my life. And I'm looking into getting me a bow and start hunting frequently. So what bows do you recommend?

Give me brands of a bow, but also try and be specific with a certain type of bow.

Thank You!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
As a rule, Mathews, Hoyt, Bowtech, etc dominate the market. Mathews latest bow is the Z7, Hoyt's Maxxis, and Bowtechs Destroyer. All are very good bows but all bows on the market now are great bows. Best thing to do is shoot a variety of bows and see which one fits your style. Bows these days boast the 300 IBO speed, equivalent to a benchmark of a 300 lb. bench, .300 batting average, etc. Although 300 ft/sec is a great feat, any bow will kill a deer, or anything else you will be hunting in this area. I shoot a Hoyt Maxxis, and would recommend that bow because it fits my style, but it all comes down to which bow suits each individual hunter. I would strongly recommend shooting a variety of bows and not make a haste decision when buying one.
^Thank You for the info!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I shoot a Bear Truth. Bear Bows are solid but simly can't compete with Mathews in quality. They do however beat their price for what you're paying for. In my opinion, Mathews, Bowtech, and Hoyt bows are slightly overpriced.

If I didnt want to pay $900+ for a bow after all the accessories that you need with it (rest, quiver, sights, stabilizer, etc.), I would go with Fred Bear, Martin, or Browning. They may not have the quality you get with Mathews, but you still get great quality and a smooth shooting bow all for a reasonable price.