Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you hunt for Trophy or for the meat?
Why do you hunt?
both
The trophy! But, I don't mind the meat either.
Both!!!
I only take the trophy bucks, but I sure do enjoy the meat. Big Grin
I dont hunt much, but when I do it's for the wall decoration
I like the big trophies, but I like some tenderloin much better.
Trophy
I defiently trophy hunt.
I think everyones looking to drop that nice trophy buck, but if its getting late in the season and i havent really seen anything yet ill hunt for meat
Devilfann84 Wrote:I think everyones looking to drop that nice trophy buck, but if its getting late in the season and i havent really seen anything yet ill hunt for meat

Same for me.
MisterPerfect Wrote:Same for me.

:rockon: You gotta try my jerky I make.
devilhorns05 Wrote::rockon: You gotta try my jerky I make.

:rockon: You gotta try my dads jerky...kick ***:rockon:
Devilfann84 Wrote:I think everyones looking to drop that nice trophy buck, but if its getting late in the season and i havent really seen anything yet ill hunt for meat

Agreed.
Trophy for sure. Although the meat is delicious, I can go buy some if I ever want any. Never get tired of looking at my first good big 8 point on the wall.
Just as long as that deer is down, you will get the trophy and the meat. Thats what is best.
Meeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaattttttttttttttt........
Hilbily Wrote:Meeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaattttttttttttttt........

What way do you fix it?
According to the animal. I like to do deer alot of diff. ways. My Favorite is to cut up some chunks like you would for stew meat but deep fry them. I use some beer batter, dry mustard and red curry added to the seasoning. The curry is the secret ingredient. Drop in a frydaddy for about five minutes then dip in ketchup. Alot of times too we take an old dutch oven and fill it with all your fav. deer chili ingrdients. Duct tape the lid on it and strap it to the rack of your qaud. After you raise kain in the hills awhile and stop for a break dinners ready. All you gotta do is build a fire and use some of the coals to make a side pile. Set that sucker in the coals and keep adding til its cooking good. Be sure and take the duct tape off before hand or like my friend Randy you will ruin supper.:beerwez:
i hunt both
It depends on if i have meat in the freezer lol
Both
Both. I love the meat but love taking the big ones
Both.
I've killed plenty deer in my time. So I just wait for a Trophy to hang on the wall.
I've been Hunting a long time. So usually I just wait for a Trophy Buck.