Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sweet 16 Shelby Valley vs. Henderson County
This Friday, Shelby Valley will take on Region 2 Champion Henderson County to open the 2006 Fast-pitch State Championship. They play at 9:00am at Skyview Park in Jeffersontown, Kentucky. If you find yourself in the Louisville area, come out and watch this East/West matchup. Good luck to all state participants...
eagerbeaver Wrote:This Friday, Shelby Valley will take on Region 2 Champion Henderson County to open the 2006 Fast-pitch State Championship. They play at 9:00am at Skyview Park in Jeffersontown, Kentucky. If you find yourself in the Louisville area, come out and watch this East/West matchup. Good luck to all state participants...
Skyview park.....is that near the big indoor baseball complex? Do you know if it is where they had the 2005 jr and sr league state tourny at?
It is near the Indoor Complex. My one complaint is the grass infield the tournament is played on. All year on a skinned infield, and now your team must make the transition to grass. Tough, to say the least.
good luck valley make the 15th proud
eagerbeaver Wrote:It is near the Indoor Complex. My one complaint is the grass infield the tournament is played on. All year on a skinned infield, and now your team must make the transition to grass. Tough, to say the least.
Have they been practicing on a grass infield lately?? If not, they should.
The game is on the radio. 900 WLSI is carying it.
any updates?
Valley Got Beat By 5
Congrats girls on another great season.
THUNDERCHILD Wrote:Congrats girls on another great season.

They are playing the second game now. Anybody have updates...
Shelby Valley trailing South Laurel 5-3...
Good job Shelby Valley
Way to go Girls. Look forward to next year....
good job valley on a good season. Look forward to next yr's season!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen - Winston Churchill
The SV batkats had a great showing in the J-town. They played henderson's tails off. Great job girls, and congrats to the seniors on all your accomplishments. IT will seem a little strange looking out there and not seeing Courtney Bentley. These girls cannot be replaced.
hootie Wrote:The SV batkats had a great showing in the J-town. They played henderson's tails off. Great job girls, and congrats to the seniors on all your accomplishments. IT will seem a little strange looking out there and not seeing Courtney Bentley. These girls cannot be replaced.

Strange...very strange...no #21 on the mound for SV...nor #15 or #20 on the corners. I am sure many coaches are excited about SV's graduation, but they should be aware of the program these seniors helped to build. Much like many other successful programs, Shelby Valley softball does not rebuild...it RELOADS! SV has a strong core returning next season. Seniors-to-be Caitlyn Case, Esther Fleming, Gina Hall, along with Asheigh Stanley, Kayla Cantrell, and Mika Adkins must carry the load for SV next season. Look for Kea Adkins, Ashley Branham, Lierin Case, Laura Perkins, Sally Roberts, Courtney Sadler, Cyrena Salinas, Courtney Sparks and Lynn Tackett to be key contributers next season. Also, take a look at the Lex. Hearld-Leader tomorrow as they announce Softball All-State teams.
:1:
I heard Henderson's pitcher broke her hand. Does anyone know how?
That really good pitcher Valley has, I cant remember her name, is she a senior?
Cortney Bentley? Yes, she was a senior. She signed to play for Pikeville College.
baller01 Wrote:Cortney Bentley? Yes, she was a senior. She signed to play for Pikeville College.

so did Lucinda Varney
Go Shelby Valley