Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Higgs boson
Scientists have found the "god particle." I think scientists will stop at nothing to try to explain away God. If there is a "Higgs boson," my simple question to scientists is "Who created the Higgs boson?" Thoughts?

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20130314/DA50T1382.html

Edit: to expain further, some scientists are saying that the Higgs boson is the missing link that proves matter can literally create itself, hence no need for a "Creator" --- God.
jetpilot Wrote:Scientists have found the "god particle." I think scientists will stop at nothing to try to explain away God. If there is a "Higgs boson," my simple question to scientists is "Who created the Higgs boson?" Thoughts?

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20130314/DA50T1382.html

Edit: to expain further, some scientists are saying that the Higgs boson is the missing link that proves matter can literally create itself, hence no need for a "Creator" --- God.

God did...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
nice $10 Billion for that revelation
The notion that the universe and earth were created from nothing was born from religion. If the Higgs boson particle has been discovered, then maybe scientists have finally discovered one of God's creation tools after studying the universe around them for thousands of years.

As somebody who has read a few theoretical physics books, I find that it takes at least as much faith to believe the current scientific theories about the creation of our universe as it does to believe the account in the book of Genesis. Accepting the possibility of the existence of parallel universes and dimensions beyond width, height, depth, and time takes faith, but I don't think that such theories render religious accounts of Creation invalid.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:The notion that the universe and earth were created from nothing was born from religion. If the Higgs boson particle has been discovered, then maybe scientists have finally discovered one of God's creation tools after studying the universe around them for thousands of years.

As somebody who has read a few theoretical physics books, I find that it takes at least as much faith to believe the current scientific theories about the creation of our universe as it does to believe the account in the book of Genesis. Accepting the possibility of the existence of parallel universes and dimensions beyond width, height, depth, and time takes faith, but I don't think that such theories render religious accounts of Creation invalid.

Exactly. It takes faith to believe what atheists believe, just like it takes faith to believe in God.

Excellent post Hoot. I had a feeling you would clarify this thing better than I could.:Thumbs:
nky Wrote:nice $10 Billion for that revelation
:Thumbs:Money well spent, IMO. A super collider should have been built in Texas years ago. When you think about the billions of dollars given away to society's parasites, spending $10 billion to maintain the position that we once enjoyed on the cutting edge of science would have been a bargain.

It may be decades before the discovery of the Higgs boson yields a tangible return, but understanding how forces like electric fields, magnetism, and gravity are related could give birth to inventions not even imagined by today's science fiction writers and the Higgs boson is one of the final pieces of the puzzle.
jetpilot Wrote:Exactly. It takes faith to believe what atheists believe, just like it takes faith to believe in God.

Excellent post Hoot. I had a feeling you would clarify this thing better than I could.:Thumbs:

I love reading Hoot's posts; even if I don't 100% agree with them.
He's always so articulate and clear. I would love to have that ability.
No acccident I stumbled across this earlier in the week and higgs pops up on the radar.

http://www.snopes.com/religion/einstein.asp

I'm a believer who'd rather be right for selfless reasons than a non believer who lived selfishly with an unwelcome post death experience waiting!

And if I'm wrong well I'm ok living a life more focused on others well being than my own. In the meantime...thank you God for this day :Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Granny Bear Wrote:I love reading Hoot's posts; even if I don't 100% agree with them.
He's always so articulate and clear. I would love to have that ability.

I'm right there with ya Granny Bear!
Anytime I hear Higgs boson I think of Sheldon on "The Big Bang Theory" Just can't help it.
Genesis 11:5-9 (KJV)
5 And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded.
6 And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.
7 Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.
8 So the LORD scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city.
9 Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the LORD did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the LORD scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth.

Man can do whatever he can imagine to do, in this day especially. There are no language barriers to slow us down anymore. Super computers now effortlessly interface among the various languages. And, as a result, problems are surfed over with substantially lesser resistance.

No matter how it is boiled down. In the end, man is faced with a choice between two possibilities. Either we were created or we are evolved. In other words and first, either one's god is a rock which, in the aeons of the unthinkably distant past, was floating out in the vast infinite void of nothing, being devoid of anything approaching energy in any form, including the tiniest spark of light or heat, suddenly exploded in an 'event' scientific theorists have dubbed the "Big Bang". I haven't read as extensively as Hoot has but, from what I have read, the laws of thermodynamics preclude a strict adherence to that possibility. To accept the Big Bang one must ignore the first law of thermodynamics and the law of entropy. LINK ---- http://science.howstuffworks.com/diction...heory7.htm

As Hoot has correctly pointed out, it takes a lot of faith to buy that one. At the bare minimum we must admit we can't apply known data to any model that would work for the Big Bang.

And or second, one has the creation model. In that likelihood, God being Omniscient and Omnipotent, speaks the universe into existence and forms the animals and man from the dust of the earth. It's faith in a rock, versus faith in God. And you can slice it anyway you want including the alien occupation theory, one is inevitably left with the same two possibilities from which to choose. To me, the following is the difference and the factor that make faith in a rock a bit harder for most. Faith in God is a gift, passed to us through the Holy Spirit.
Ephesians 2:7-9 (KJV)

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

I'm going to guess the rock heads can't compete with that, LOL.

I am a fan of science and find it fascinating to consider man's advances in that regard. However, I do have a problem, as I have mentioned in the past, with retro-engineering known science with a mix of theory to facilitate acceptance of a notion meant to justify rebellion against the authority of God. For example, the entire library which constitutes the so-called scientific body of work which, is the underpinning for the validity of the theory of evolution. Is the nearly endless litany of speculation and assumptions on top of assumptions, in a literal game of leap frog that spans the epochs and eons. The charts of flora and fauna detailing the life forms of what this so-called science says make up earth's history in geologic terms, has gotten far more complex since my college days. To explain away the problems as real science exposes them, evolutionists had to prop up the the precambrian era by prefacing it with something called a supereon. With 4.5 billion years to work with, evolutionist science now says life started about 4,000 million years ago. If they run into problems again they can just back things up another half a billion years or so. :biggrin:

For my part, they can make it as complex as they want. I know the whole notion that an exploding rock created the universe, complete with the emergence of all life is ridiculous on it's face. FWIW, the same kind of problems plague the viability of global warming (I intend to resist calling it climate change, the new name evironmentalists have come up with). Retro-engineered for the sake of accuracy. It's like pulling a bullet out of the bullseye and putting it in a gun, you can't miss, LOL.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
So who created the higgs boson, and who created that, and who created that?

There not enough science nuts in the world ever come up with a valid reason were here other than God himself.
I don't think any of these people are "science nuts"...they're doing a job. Won't change any atheist or believers minds until we dig deeper though, and even then I don't think it will sway anyone.

It's better to have faith in something, than nothing.
^
A friend once told me, "why not believe?" If your wrong, oh well, you die. If not you get eternal glory. No risk taking by believing....