Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somerset 28 Prestonsburg 21
Your right, Somerset is looking to forfeit the game this week, they don't deserve to advance because the other team made mistakes that could have beaten them. Somerset on the other hand played a perfect game and needed three dropped passes by the Blackcats to survive, there was nothing else they could have done.

Is it too late for Prestonsburg to get ready and play Friday in Somerset's place?
^I hope you know that was not a Prestonsburg fan who posted that. We have nothing but respect for the Somerset program.

Good luck Friday. I am sure most Prestonsburg fans, if not all, are behind you guys.
I'm sure he knows. The P'burg fans have been very gracious on here. Probably because they realize next year just may be their year.
NKYff91 has no shame... Confusednicker:

The best summation of the Somerset/P-burg game is...it was close enough that one play made the difference in the outcome. The Jumpers were fortunate enough to get that play. That's all that really needs be said.

:popcorn:
RoShamBo Wrote:I'm sure he knows. The P'burg fans have been very gracious on here. Probably because they realize next year just may be their year.

That dag gone auto correct got you again RoShamBo. I know you meant to say next year is our year. :eyeroll:
^Nope I got it right. I really do think you guys will be team to beat in Region 4 next year. That said, doesn't necessarily mean we are going to give it to you.:Thumbs:
^ I am really looking forward to next year. We had a very young team this year. Those boys sure come a long way from game 1 to 13. We only lose 3 seniors this year.
^
I didn't know that! Blackcats will be making statement wins next year!
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:^ I am really looking forward to next year. We had a very young team this year. Those boys sure come a long way from game 1 to 13. We only lose 3 seniors this year.

Here's hoping we don't see a case of "senioritis" next year. We've seen teams with strong senior classes who decided to cruise through their final year. It's an ugly thing when it happens.
I sure hope so.

There was not a single game this year that this team could not win.

3 loses to Knox Central, Powell Co., & Pike Central by a total of 4 points.

We led Pikeville 20-9 at the half. It was 23-20 Pikeville late in the 4th and due to trying to strip instead of tackle had 2 late touchdowns scored.

Hazard was a battle throughout the game.

Somerset game was unreal. 2 proud teams going to war. Somerset jumps out to a 14-0 lead with over 4 minutes remaining in the 1st quarter. Prestonsburg comes roaring back to take a 21-14 lead into the half. 3rd quarter was a defensive battle. 4th Somerset lands an upper cut with an 84 yard touchdown on 3rd & long and then the knockout blow go ahead touchdown with 2 minutes remaining in the game. What appeared to be a long 3rd down conversion by Prestonsburg at midfield ended up being the only turnover in the game by both teams.

I am really, really looking forward to watching next years team.
oneijoe Wrote:Here's hoping we don't see a case of "senioritis" next year. We've seen teams with strong senior classes who decided to cruise through their final year. It's an ugly thing when it happens.

I second that oneijoe. IMO, this team has more heart than the team you speak of.